Contracted players next XI

14 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

@Caerphilly Ram 
At LWB, we now have Elder, Osborn and Forsyth. We may still have Sibley signing a new deal too.
GK and CM certainly the two areas we desperately need signings. We could do with another CB and CF - both being key players in the team and (hopefully) starting most weeks.

I hope Sibley signs a new deal and forces his way into the staring X1 especially in an attacking capacity as we look very short of threatening players from central midfield currently 

Yates and Jackson would both come into my starting 11 of contracted players in a front 3 with NML (343). More bodies in central midfield and a goal keeper is a must now. Also a LWB of Sibs doesn't sign up.

Ward, Wilson, Rooney, Osborne, Jackson, and Sibley (if he signs), provide some positional flexibility.

It'd be good to see a GK, CM, and CF come in soon.

I know it's a slightly different topic, and a bit previous, but I believe Nelson, Nyambe, Bradley, Wilson, Forsyth, Thompson, Fornah, Barkhuizen, and Washington will be out-of-contract in 2025. It'd be nice to see Nelson, Nyambe, and Wilson extend their deals.

tbh, it'd be good to see a couple of those moved on this summer (you know which ones I mean...) 

Center midfield is the obvious area where we desperately need reinforcements. Ebou Adams and Kenzo Goudmijn will help change that and make our sqaud feel more balanced.

Vickers 

Nyambe Nelson Cashin 

Ward  Kenzo Thompson Osbourne

Jackson Yates NML 

probably need 2 more CMs, either a first team LWB (freeing up Osbourne to be another option at CM) or another CM, another striker and another secondary attacker as well as a goalkeeper or 2? 

Potentially another CB if the right player becomes available. 

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

Vickers 

Nyambe Nelson Cashin 

Ward  Kenzo Thompson Osbourne

Jackson Yates NML 

probably need 2 more CMs, either a first team LWB (freeing up Osbourne to be another option at CM) or another CM, another striker and another secondary attacker as well as a goalkeeper or 2? 

Potentially another CB if the right player becomes available. 

That would be very similar to my starting 11. Toss up between Wilson and Ward. A ball winner in midfield and a number one keeper are the obvious holes in our sqaud.

13 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

That would be very similar to my starting 11. Toss up between Wilson and Ward. A ball winner in midfield and a number one keeper are the obvious holes in our sqaud.

I think I’ll be most interested to see where Osbourne has been bought in to play. Think that dictates our ‘shopping list’ 

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

I think I’ll be most interested to see where Osbourne has been bought in to play. Think that dictates our ‘shopping list’ 

100% agree. I initially thought he would be playing centrally but now I feel he may playing as a left wing back. Hopefully he gets chance to nail one position and doesn't get shunted about all the time.

1 minute ago, Ram1988 said:

100% agree. I initially thought he would be playing centrally but now I feel he may playing as a left wing back. Hopefully he gets chance to nail one position and doesn't get shunted about all the time.

I don’t think he’d have come without absolute clarity from the manager about what he sees his main position and role as. 

10 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I don’t think he’d have come without absolute clarity from the manager about what he sees his main position and role as. 

Agree with this which is why I think he'll primarily be a midfielder as I believe he's said previously that he doesn't enjoy playing full back/wingback. In which case we certainly need to bring in a new left wingback.

Just now, Carnero said:

Agree with this which is why I think he'll primarily be a midfielder as I believe he's said previously that he doesn't enjoy playing full back/wingback. In which case we certainly need to bring in a new left wingback.

His best position could well be the left hand side of a three being a box to box midfielder. I'm not sure if will play with a 2 or 3 in midfield or vary between both systems.

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Yeah that’s how I’m reading it. 

Cultured midfielder: 

first choice - kenzo, backup - ? 

Ball carrier:

first choice - Osborn, backup - Thompson 

Ball winner: 

first choice - Ebou, backup ? 

Attacking mid - bobbly Clarke? 

2 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

His best position could well be the left hand side of a three being a box to box midfielder. I'm not sure if will play with a 2 or 3 in midfield or vary between both systems.

I think we'll see a variation again depending on opponent very much like last season. I don't think we can pigeon hole it as just a 3-5-2/3-4-3 as there were long stretches last season where we played with a back 4 in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. This is why I'd ideally like us to find a new left wingback who can also hold his own as a left back in a 4. A younger Fozzy if you will.

3 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

Vickers 

Nyambe Nelson Cashin 

Wilson  Ebou Kenzo  Osbourne

Jackson Yates NML

subs: Rooney, Bradley, Fozzy, Ward, Elder, Thompson, Fornah, D. Robinson, CBT, Washington, Collins

that's 11 subs, not including a keeper

And I missed Brown...

7 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

Vickers 

Nyambe Nelson Cashin 

Wilson  Ebou Kenzo  Osbourne

Jackson Yates NML

subs: Rooney, Bradley, Fozzy, Ward, Elder, Thompson, Fornah, D. Robinson, CBT, Washington, Collins

that's 11 subs, not including a keeper

My same starting team but unsure whether to play Rooney or Nyambe