Derby County v Portsmouth

Day

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to next Saturday like a kid looks forward to Christmas. Yesterday should have been my first game for more than a year, but a spot of sickness meant that I daren't risk it. Next week - wild horses couldn't drag me away.

OMG, I'm going to see The Rams. OK, it's in the spaz seats, but I'M GOING TO SEE THE RAMS.

Old One-Eye returneth.

Liam Lawrence!! Watch this fella closely lads and all will be well in the world. He's class.

I'm not too confident for this one. Might give the prediction a miss. Their manager will have them prepared and very much aware of how we play.

This will be our toughest match since we got into this great run of home form anda real test of the current side.

They are very experienced happy to be in existence as a club and have a growing momentum with Lawrence they have a player who can boss the game.

Think we can win this but would take a 2-2 draw.

INJURED strikers Alberto Bueno and Luke Moore hope to be fit for Derby County's televised home game against Portsmouth on Saturday.

An ankle injury forced Bueno to limp off after 36 minutes of the 4-1 win against Watford at the weekend.

"Alberto took a knock on his ankle at Millwall and did not train all week before the Watford game," said manager Nigel Clough.

"He was never 100 per cent but he said he would give it a go, which is a wonderful attitude.

"He got another kick on it after about 15 or 20 minutes and we felt he could not get around as he usually does.

"We hope he will be OK for the weekend."

Moore felt his hamstring in training on Friday and missed the Watford clash.

The 24-year-old, who extended his loan from West Bromwich Albion late last week, was in the frame to start.

"Hopefully Luke is not too bad and he will also be available for the weekend," said Clough.

Midfielder Paul Green battled on for 67 minutes against Watford before he was replaced by Ben Pringle.

"Greenie had been suffering from the flu which sapped his energy a little bit," said Clough.

"He did not train on Friday but he is another one who said he would give it a go, which is a lovely attitude."

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/Injured-duo-clear-Pompey-fixture/article-2820586-detail/article.html

Should be another cracking game, they still have some quality players.

however, so do we!

Expecting to win again, probably by the odd goal, so will go 2-1, with goals from.....well who knows now days, everyone seems to want to have a pop.

Was impressed with young Pringle when he came on, seems to be edging closer to a regular start, perhaps a goal from him if he gets on the pitch.

I'm starting to enjoy the journey home again these days.

Championship fans have got a treat next weekend..

Swansea vs Cardiff

QPR vs Reading

Derby vs Pompey

On current form I wouldn't bet against this being the top 6 at the end of season. I'm positive this will be 6 of the the top 10 come the end of the season.

Only see Forest, Burnley, Norwich and Cov as other contenders.

Looking forward to next Saturday like a kid looks forward to Christmas. Yesterday should have been my first game for more than a year, but a spot of sickness meant that I daren't risk it. Next week - wild horses couldn't drag me away.

OMG, I'm going to see The Rams. OK, it's in the spaz seats, but I'M GOING TO SEE THE RAMS.

Old One-Eye returneth.

Good stuff. And it looks like PP is having a party to welcome you back. Summat about replica shirts. Wasn't the night of the white t-shirts the last game you saw? Spooky.

3-2 to Derby. I think we'll nick it against a good side.

Archived