Which striker?

sage

Most people seem to agree if we could sort out our Centre Forwards we could finish in the top six.

It also seems like we had £2m to spend on Hooper.

Following those two assumptions, if you were NC and you had £2m to spend on strikers in January, who would you bring in?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most people seem to agree if we could sort out our Centre Forwards we could finish in the top six.

It also seems like we had £2m to spend on Hooper.

Following those two assumptions, if you were NC and you had £2m to spend on strikers in January, who would you bring in?

Its a difficult one. I think we need someone in the Kuqi, Hulse mould but younger and there is no one that jumps out from the lower leagues that I know of.

I'd be surprised if we sign a striker in Jan

I'm still sceptical about the supposed £2m bid for Hooper. If we had bid £2m then why not tell us at the time instead of all this stuff about two Shaun Barker types fees months later. There seemed to be something a bit half hearted about our pursuit of Hooper.

After that....we could have had Stead for £250k but didnt.

I think we'll probably stick to loans and muddle through until the summer.

When we do sign someone I think its more likely to be for a Chris Porter type fee.

If we get promoted it could still be a one season loan....maybe for someone like Carlos Vela.

Now that would be interesting.

Why not spend the 2mill and abit more to get bueno in and just work on getting porter and Davies fit also extend moores loan till end of season and. See if kuqi is available to buy for a decent price on a pay as you play deal.

Pluss cywka and commons can play that role easy as the ball is mainly going to feet anyway know. Last point do you think it's worth signing fielding on till end of the season as he looks miles better than bywater who will be lucky to get his starting place back straight away.

Lambert anyone?

I like Lambert ...I couldnt understand why we didnt sign him when he moved from Bristol Rovers.

£1m was a bargain

We should have done the deal with MBoro for Hulse.....and thats not hindsight....that what I thought at the time as it seemed that Hulse was bound to be leaving judging by the body language and the contract situation.

I doubt that we could afford him now.

I like Lambert ...I couldnt understand why we didnt sign him when he moved from Bristol Rovers.

£1m was a bargain

We should have done the deal with MBoro for Hulse.....and thats not hindsight....that what I thought at the time as it seemed that Hulse was bound to be leaving judging by the body language and the contract situation.

I doubt that we could afford him now.

We tried to sell Hulse. He turned down Boro. It would have been a great price for us, but what has gone has gone.

Bueno anybody, he would be a bargain at £2m...!

With Cywka, Commons and Bueno playing this leaves most defences bewildered as to who to pick up. I believe Clough said in his post match analysis yesterday that you can tell you are playing well when the opposition are scratching their heads.

I still think the first 45 minutes at Donny are the best I've seen Derby play since the first half against Sheff Utd at Bramall Lane last season.

As for a new striker, I still think I would like to see Vaughan sign.

We tried to sell Hulse. He turned down Boro. It would have been a great price for us, but what has gone has gone.

He turned it down, but maybe that was because we were saying 'oh please stay...we don't really want you to go'. If we werent going to extend his contract then we should have packed his bags and driven him to Middlesboro.....after having already signed Lambert.

...or should that be Rambert.

I think James Vaughan is a good shout, he would of suited our play quite well i imagine. Wasting his time down at Palace.

Is it Morrison at Milwall?

Don't think we should be turning the Billy Sharp radar off to soon.

Bueno for keeps.

Eagles at Burnley.

Schmeichael.

Can't think of any defenders.

I think James Vaughan is a good shout, he would of suited our play quite well i imagine. Wasting his time down at Palace.

I don't think he's endeared himself to us after his red-card!

Don't think we should be turning the Billy Sharp radar off to soon.

He's got a torn hamstring, so perhaps we should.

says it all really

i allways thought fair play to hulse for not going boro, i wouldnt. no fans, and not the most desirable of places in the country

Do people actually live in Middlesbrough? When I worked up there a few years ago I stayed in Redcar - beautiful place if you didn't look north towards Corus - and going south from there you've got Marske and Saltburn which are lovely.

If we had the £2m:

Adam Le Fondre definately needs to be looked at. Looks a very good player, and he has a great attitude.

Simon Cox isn't getting a look in at WBA, should ask about him.

Paterson at Burnley, he's quality.

I have been intrigued by Faio Borini for a while, I wouldn't mind a loan move for him to see if he could cope in our system, with a permanent move possible. I think he's still stuck in Chelsea's reserves.

Archived