Which striker?

sage

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would look at fielding as a permanent signing in January if we are in the top 6 with a shout of a play-off place.

I dont rate Byewater never have and as for our 2nd choice goalkeeper reeney(sorry slipped my mind his name) if he was nay good we would not of got Fielding in on loan.

Le fondre a big YES. Only heard goof reports, and if possible Bueno if we could come to some sort of deal with Vallodoid and Real Madrid.

I dont rate Byewater never have and as for our 2nd choice goalkeeper reeney(sorry slipped my mind his name) if he was nay good we would not of got Fielding in on loan.

He would have played with Atkins on the bench, he just hasn't played since his Dad was in hospital over in Ireland after a heart attack to which he subsequently died. So Deeney has been in Ireland on compassionate leave.

So we wouldn't have brought in Fielding on loan. Now Deeney is back I expect Fielding to keep his position as he's been playing well and Clough is all about 'if you play well, you keep the shirt'.

He would have played with Atkins on the bench, he just hasn't played since his Dad was in hospital over in Ireland after a heart attack to which he subsequently died. So Deeney has been in Ireland on compassionate leave.

So we wouldn't have brought in Fielding on loan. Now Deeney is back I expect Fielding to keep his position as he's been playing well and Clough is all about 'if you play well, you keep the shirt'.

Sorry did not know this, but i do like Feilding over Byewater

He says jokingly, right?

If we spent on him what we sold Hulse for, we've been had I'd say.

He's a keeper, remember.

He's England Number One for the U21's, he's at a Premiership club who don't want to get rid and see him as the future replacement for Paul Robinson.

I'd say we'd be lucky to get him for that, he's probably worth more.

I'm not saying we should go for him at that price, I only answered what I thought his price was.

Fielding has hardly been tested so far, Bywater is still relatively young, more proven and will continue to get better.

If it came down to Fielding vs Bywater (which i doubt it ever will because Blackburn wont sell i'm sure) then we've got to admit that Fielding looks like a jack of all trades. His shot stopping is ok, his distribution is ok, his communication, his decision making etc. But from what we've seen it's a jack of all trades and master of none. (admitted it's early to judge)

With Bywater he's got some pretty obvious weaknesses. His distribution can be frustrating as hell. His communication often looks like mad ramblings rather than instructions worth listening to. But we can't ever forget some of the saves he's made. He's got us points endless times and whenever he's left one-on-one he's given us all a sense of hope that he'll keep them out. I think he's probably the best shot stopper outside the Premiership along with Camp. It's easy to forget these saves when he's so frustrating in other areas. But if anyone looks closely at some of the other highly rated keepers like Shmeichel and that idiot Speroni then you'll see that their far from perfect. Some of their shot stopping is remarkable. But decision making isn't always so hot!

For me Bywater is good enough to win this division. I'd like Fielding but i don't think he'd be worth the sort of price Blackburn would want....... and imo we're not desperate.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blackburn would want to sell in the summer, Robinson 31 still has a few years left in him, they also have Mark Bunn as backup.

Add to that Fielding has openly stated he wants to be playing first team football (when is his contract up?) and Big Sam has been told by the new owners he has a transfer kitty of just £5m, I think he could be tempted to cash in now with a few future add ons included.

Although saying that I don't think Derby will sign him, I'm sure he'll be snapped up by a club that will offer him the number 1 shirt.

Add to that Fielding has openly stated he wants to be playing first team football (when is his contract up?) and Big Sam has been told by the new owners he has a transfer kitty of just £5m, I think he could be tempted to cash in now with a few future add ons included.

When Bywater is fit, he ain't gonna get first team football at Derby.

Archived