top of the league here we come

B4ev6is

I don't get it. What's the point in Nigel and the lads doing all they can to improve and win matches if hardly any rams fans want promotion?

What if we get to the top and gain a play off place - what then? Lose deliberately just so we can stay in this division cos everyone's bricking it? It may seem a hyperthetical question now but could become reality pretty quickly, it will be interesting to read everyone's reactions....

I think sometimes that Derby are damned if they do and damned if they don't. The team and management are moaned at if they lose - now we're doing well folk are hoping we don't climb any higher. It's baffling that a lot of fans would be happy with mid-table mediocrity.

I know the preverbial hit the fan before when we went up - but we don't have the same squad or manager do we - so it doesn't mean to say it's all going to go tits up this time.

My glass is always half full so I say let the team and management do whatever they can to keep pushing and get out of this division, push forward and go as far as they can in the PL. Isn't that what Blackpool are striving for? Everyone at Derby is going to need to keep their backbones intact because this season is getting interesting. I bet a load of other clubs are quietly hedging their bets too.

Feel free to disagree folks, this is just how I see it.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't get it. What's the point in Nigel and the lads doing all they can to improve and win matches if hardly any rams fans want promotion?

What if we get to the top and gain a play off place - what then? Lose deliberately just so we can stay in this division cos everyone's bricking it? It may seem a hyperthetical question now but could become reality pretty quickly, it will be interesting to read everyone's reactions....

I don't think anyone's saying that, but I think at this stage, we're a little weary of

a.) going up through the play-offs and being the worst ever team again

or

b.) getting the play-off blues after losing out and knocking us back several seasons.

7th would do me nicely.

I think the Pompey game is going to give us an indication of just how good we are.Seem to remember that Kitson has been a bit of a thorn in the flesh previously.A good win against Pompey,followed by some decent away performances would be exciting.

Okay Duracell, thats fair enough - but okay, say we finish 7th this season, nothing much changes in terms of investment next season and we don't climb any higher, or even worse, drop towards the bottom. Would you still be happy then or wish we'd grabbed the bull by it's ****** and went for it now?

I know it was tough being the worst team and losing the play off's suck but the past has to be left in the past doesn't it? IF it happens and we manage to pull it off, I don't think Nigel will bother worrying about what's happened before because it's not really relevant anymore is it? He'll have his own agenda and game plan won't he?

What do you think? Do you think everyone can get past all the crap of seasons gone by and keep pushing upwards? Isn't that what Nigel and the teams ambition is all about?

I think the Pompey game is going to give us an indication of just how good we are.Seem to remember that Kitson has been a bit of a thorn in the flesh previously.A good win against Pompey,followed by some decent away performances would be exciting.

Yep, first real test at home since the decent run started. Another test at Ipswich on the Tuesday as well.

I'd love to see Derby go up this season, I'm not sure how this squad would cope and how much Nigel would be given to spend, although its far far too early to be talking about promotion in October and I'm not even thinking what if.

We're 11pts away from top spot, and 8pts away from the relegation zone, that's how tight this league is.

Great to read some of B4's optimistic rants every now and again.

Regarding promotion, should the opportunity arise, you grab itr with both hands. Just make sure you don't have a dwarf as manager - and if you do, don't replace him with the ilk of someone possessing the same qualifications as Ron Jeremy's cock.

Would much rather stay in this division for a couple of more seasons and build up a squad that would not get destroyed every week in the Premier League. The only problem is keeping the squad together if we are playing well.

Ah Gstar - but that's the point - you say you'd rather stay in this division - so what IF we got a play off spot - (it might not happen but who can say)- would you want the team to lose or would you say to hell with it, let's roll towards the prem?

Blackpool aren't doing too bad, they aren't getting destroyed every week are they, (although West Ham are struggling) why can't we do the same? Would it be daft to expect the board to cough up for some more players if contracts aren't renewed - ie Sav and Commons?

Or is it me being an eternal optimist?

I never want us to lose any match!

I just find this league a lot more exciting than the Premier League and its nice being in games that we can compete in!

As you say Blackpool are doing well in the Premier League but they honestly ever going to be competing for anything or just trying to finish above 18th every year?

I never want us to lose any match!

I just find this league a lot more exciting than the Premier League and its nice being in games that we can compete in!

As you say Blackpool are doing well in the Premier League but they honestly ever going to be competing for anything or just trying to finish above 18th every year?

An excellent answer Gstar, that'll do for me.

I think the only thing Blackpool are competing for is to at least stay in the prem for now. That is a challenge in itself but rewarding all the same. It will take dedication and a whole lot of self belief but I think they can do it, just like I think we can.

Like I said, I'm the eternal optimist!!

At the moment derby look like team that can not be stopped, yes what happened to millwall was slipp up by the lads, and lession learnt i am sure we could be in the top 2 by christmas and out last 4 home game, we have scored 15 goals and the ones added onto great victory awat from home against Doncaster Rovers. But the football were are playing anyone would have throught we were the team top of the league, but if we carry on like this we soon will be. and there is still players to come back as well like steven davies, chris porter, miles addison, and other promising youngsters coming through the ranks. I think derby have stong and better team that QPR and Cardiff put togather. and let face it no team is going to run away with it this season until we get there, and then we might as well blow rest of the league out of the water.

"Reading a Red dog's crazy wind up post's and seeing people falling for it......PRICELESS"

"Reading a Red dog's crazy wind up post's and seeing people falling for it......PRICELESS"

Well said swisscheesy. B4’s a menace. This time you’re in luck. Unlike the Delaroy version of DET this forum has moderators. So go ahead and complain to them and get him banned.

But be careful. The mods might think you’re only baiting B4 because you enjoy tormenting someone who has a learning disability (as well as dyslexia). If they do then let me know and I’ll stand as a character witness for you.

B4 is not a Forest fan, if you don't want to read his posts add him to your ignore list in your User Control panel.

Well said Daveo - I'd watch Heidiram if I were you, any chance he gets he'll bring b4 down. Thought we'd seen the back of him when the DET went down but look, he's crawled out of the woodwork to begin tormenting him again. I hoped it wouldn't happen on this forum, it's a great bunch of funny, decent folk who can do without the pathetic cyber bullying you constantly display towards b4. Do us all a favour and shut it.

Well said Daveo - I'd watch Heidiram if I were you, any chance he gets he'll bring b4 down. Thought we'd seen the back of him when the DET went down but look, he's crawled out of the woodwork to begin tormenting him again. I hoped it wouldn't happen on this forum, it's a great bunch of funny, decent folk who can do without the pathetic cyber bullying you constantly display towards b4. Do us all a favour and shut it.

Well said LadyRam !!

Keep going b4 :)

Archived