12Smith  6

4Hourihane  6

27Blackett-Taylor  6

16Thompson  6

11Méndez-Laing  6

22Fornah  6

14Washington  5

9Collins  6

1Wildsmith 7.5 - Solid performance from Joe. He'll never be the best distributor of a ball, but he's a more than able stopper. I hope he's not already elsewhere in his mind and will consider re-signing should we go up.

2Wilson 7.5 - Kane is re-finding his form after a small lull and looked close to peak again. Love how he can always fashion time on the ball and he was disciplined when out of possession.

35Nelson 8.0 - Such an important player for us and yet again, he and Cash did (just about) enough to ensure a clean sheet and 3 points. I think he's a better player in a back four, though he's not exactly shabby in a 3 either!

6Cashin 8.5 - Excellent again from Fozzy'z natural heir as Mr Derby. Work ethic, determination, defensive ability, the lad's got the lot and he needs to be tested at a higher level. He's better than L1 standard by some way IMO.

17Sibley 7.0 - Another disciplined performance and there was obviously a gameplan to allow him to get forward at every opportunity. Folk, myself included, can argue he's better higher up the pitch, but right now we need him at LB and he's doing just fine.

23Ward 7.0 - Quieter than of late, but a decent outing all the same. Between him and Sibbo (and Conor off the bench), we have some serious set-piece options. Small wonder Collo has hurried back!

10Waghorn 6.5 - Median plus .5 for the win

32Adams 8.5 - Is this guy even human? had around 10 starts and has been my MOTM for at least 6 of them. Well make that 7 now, as one again he was everywhere and the mid-air volley off the outside of his right boot for the game-winner was straight out of the top drawer. First signing of the new season please Mr Clowes! 

12Smith 8.0 - Been touting him for a few weeks now and I think he's repaying the faith in spades. He's a lad with more technical ability than I'd figured, he works hard, but is a calming influence and he's a very good passer of a ball. He has surely nailed down the starting post next to Adams in CM now, hasn't he?

4Hourihane 6.5 - Did ok when he came on - Median plus .5 for the win

27Blackett-Taylor 7.5 - Looks to be relaxing a little and finding some confidence and I've noted that RBs do tend to stand off him a bit. he has some tricks and looks pretty sharp over the ground too. He needs a goal to get him properly up and running, but this was another improved showing.

16Thompson 6.5 - Early season the lad looked super sharp, but injury and lack of game time have not helped his cause and he's not really kicked on as a consequence. He's not the biggest, but he's a scrapper and he has way more technical ability than we are seeing currently, of that I feel certain, but it's hard to know whether he'll stay if he's not going to be afforded gametime. I really hope he does.

11Méndez-Laing 7.0 - Nate has been a bit shy of his admittedly lofty standards in recent games, though not always in his favoured role, admittedly. Always works like a Trojan though and with Collo returning to the fold, we just might see a return to the more destructive and fearsome NML we have regularly seen earlier this season. When we were first linked and he ended up at Cardiff, I was gutted, but the wait was worth it. Top lad and top player.

22Fornah 6.5 - Did ok when he came on - Median plus .5 for the win

14Washington 6.5 Needs to play alongside Collo, not instead of him, I think. I do think he can score goals at this level, but he perhaps understandably, still looks a yard or two off it, though I've a hunch he'll chip in with a critical goal or two before season end.

9Collins 7.5 - Cometh the hour... Honestly, I think Collo is probably an alien as no human recovers from a nasty injury like that as quickly as he has. Gayle initially helped us paper over the cracks, but when he got injured too, I feared the worst. I need not have! Looked c lose to his bristling and annoying best yesterday and with him basically battering CBs, others should find time and space. Welcome back Jimmy lad, it's great to have you in the side again.

WarneWatch - I think he's been pretty shrewd recently. It can't have been easy and while other teams have players out too, not a whole a starting 11 like we did briefly. He'll be delighted to see Collo back and with others now firmly on the mend too, he can once again start to set up sides to play his way. I thought we were quite reactive against Blackpool, which is not ideal as they are no mugs, but I thought that we were the better side and value for the win. I find it strange that folk are still whining about the performance, given the catalogue of injuries, but I find myself past caring now. Those that go to most games seem pretty happy and that's always been a decent indicator that things are going quite well. A decent team selection, a controlled performance and a clean sheet, we'll need to be much better against Pompey, but we'll hopefully have a healthier and sharper squad, if only marginally and I don't think we should be fearing them. Well done then to PW, the coaches and the lads on another step towards a return to the Championship.

Edited by Comrade 86

ATG 

1Wildsmith - 7.5 - Great stop second half and generally OK. Looses .5 for his wayward kicking that put us under unnecessary pressure second half.  

2Wilson - 8 - Defended well, stuck to that side of his game well. Brilliant adding pressure in attack causing all sorts of issues for them and the best player to give the ball to in their corner to run out the clock. Almost scored a sneaky one doing that as well. Worked well with Ward. 

35Nelson - 8.5 - MOTM  Imperious at the back. The real leader and captain of the side. 

6Cashin - 8 - Almost at Nelson’s level but got caught under the ball a bit first half. 

17Sibley - 7.5 - A none left back playing well in a clean sheet who gave us positive forward play with CBT and had a lovely shot just over. 

23Ward - 7 - Was the one spoke  to by PW at the huddle about not jumping out to close at the wrong time as he was being played around. Once he got that instruction his holding of position was a big part in them not being able to play through us. Great deliveries as always. Like his side pairing with Wilson. 

10Waghorn - 6 - Did enough to be a nuisance and help us get over the line. 

32Adams - 8 - Amazing goal and lots of break up play and tackles etc, but did get caught in possession a couple of times near our box that put us under pressure. Can’t fault the lad running on empty and playing so well though. And such a cultured interview afterwards. 

12Smith - 7.5 - played well. Kept the shape well and made us very hard to break down. 

4Hourihane - 6 - Did his job as a sub. We are a better team with him not playing now. 

27Blackett-Taylor - 7.5 - A real outlet first half and started to get into the defensive side more as the game went on.  Got a good 1-2 game going with Sibbo and that could be a real bonus moving forward. 

16Thompson - 7 - Energy and composure exactly when needed. 

11Méndez-Laing - 7 - Still not at his best but still a big threat. 

22Fornah - 6 - Did his job when he came on. 

14Washington - 4.5 - I know he’s not match fit, and know he’s going to need time, but looked way off it both in terms of any closing down, holding the ball up and his one chance wasn’t taken. At times we were playing with what looked like 10 men with him on. Hope he gets up to speed soon. 

9Collins - 8 - I’m not a Collins lover but the difference he made to all our play when he came on was massive. Closing down, holding the ball up, winning free kicks, causing them a few headaches was the perfect sub. And a brilliant reception for him. 

Warne- 8. Team selection and subs spot on as I’m sure he wanted Wash to give a little more than he did. 

1Wildsmith 7

2Wilson 7 Buffalo girls go round the outside!

35Nelson 8 

6Cashin 8

17Sibley 6.5 Great effort, great crossing, great shot. Unsurprisingly, doesn't have the positional sense needed.

23Ward 7

10Waghorn 6

32Adams  8 .5 Foot like a traction engine. Thriker!

12Smith 6.5 Tidy.

4Hourihane 6

27Blackett-Taylor 6.5 slow,slow, quick, quick slow.

16Thompson Quick feet, kept ball well.

11Méndez-Laing 7

22Fornah 6 

14Washington 6 I was upset at his lack of pressing, but it was clearly an instruction from the manager/coaches.

Collins 6.5  Tenacious,  wardrobey.

Edited by Andrew3000

On 30/03/2024 at 07:24, Ellafella said:

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 -that's the baseline. Also indicate ATG (at the game) Or Tv.

1Wildsmith 7.5

2Wilson 8

35Nelson 8

6Cashin 8

17Sibley 7.5

23Ward 8.5 MoM

10Waghorn 6.5

32Adams 8.5 

12Smith 8

4Hourihane 7

27Blackett-Taylor 8

16Thompson 8