Fat Moyles in Derby

Dangerous

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I`m in the minority but i like Moyles show so do millions of listeners so you`re all wrong :D

I like Moyles, it's just the music they decide to play in the last two years have made me turn off. I know it's not down to Moyles but a playlist panel but do enjoy the golden hour on Fridays

I`m in the minority but i like Moyles show so do millions of listeners so you`re all wrong :D

I'm in the 7.3 million minority with you Morecambe, these lot are just miserable buggahs. Apparently he's leaving Radio 1 to go to Capital FM next summer.

I'm in the 7.3 million minority with you Morecambe, these lot are just miserable buggahs. Apparently he's leaving Radio 1 to go to Capital FM next summer.

ive heard that too, the show has proper gone down hill since tim westwood left with his 'where am i?' that game was brilliant

think i heard that they are going to be part of the capital fm franchise along with the indepedant ones in Notts and Leicester (aint got a clue what they are called)

Capital Radio in London is going to re-launch as a nationwide radio brand in the New Year. Capitol is owned by Global Radio, which also owns Ram FM, Trent FM and Leicester Sound FM amongst others. The plan is to drop all the regional stations and to broadcast on the same frequencies but under the Capital Radio brand. Breakfast and Drivetime shows will still be produced and broadcast locally, as will news, weather and (presumably) traffic news. All other shows will be syndicated (i.e. produced from a central point to cover the whole country, no specific local content). Ram FM's premises in Derby will be closed, as will Leicester Sounds offices in Leicester, the remaining locally produced shows will be broadcast from Trent FM's base in Nottingham. "Locally" will at that time mean "covering the East Midlands", whereas currently it means "Derbyshire" for Ram FM listeners. So effectively it'll be like Heart, but with fewer oldies on the playlist.

Jobs will be lost, of course, and no-one knows at this time who will present the locally produced shows yet. It could be that one of Ram FM, Trent FM or LS FM's presenters will continue, or they'll get someone from outside of the existing stations to present.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/news/Ram-FM-staff-station-merges-quits-city/article-2645146-detail/article.html

Archived