Positive Rams

CBRammette

22 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Bit bored of same discussions and its a while to the next match so to try and distract (or ignore as you wish and go back to the moaning) and remind us why we're all on here can we share some positives:

- favourite Rams player(s) (dont have to have seen play) and why? Bobby Davison, saw me through some bad times. 

- stupidest journey to see Rams play? Coventry City late 90’s. I only went to the shop for some fags and ended up on a bus to Coventry. Sat in the home end sat behind a post.

- funniest match moment?
The John Gregory bucket incident made me smile. Cheers to @ilkleyram for the reminder

- favourite away ground visited and why? All or none they were all an adventure once upon a time.

- proudest moment as Rams fan? When we got back to back promotions under Arthur Cox.

Worst game and why?

QPR defeat in the play off. We had a good team to build on and from then on we slowly deteriorated.

Feel free to add Qs or totally ignore or try and start other topics please before we all go bonkers. 

Alan Hinton/ Bobby Davison /George Thorne -still upsets me I'm another convinced he'd have had a great career gutted for the lad 

Plymouth away open end raining all day lost 4-1 did seem a bit stupid at the time!

Got to be John Gregory and the trainers bucket brilliant! We sing a song the bucket of water song

Highbury felt like you was at a proper football ground

The administration season we fight till the end could do with a bit of that  feeling at the moment

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/09/2023 at 23:19, CBRammette said:

Bit bored of same discussions and its a while to the next match so to try and distract (or ignore as you wish and go back to the moaning) and remind us why we're all on here can we share some positives:

- favourite Rams player(s) (dont have to have seen play) and why?

- stupidest journey to see Rams play?

- funniest match moment?

- favourite away ground visited and why?

- proudest moment as Rams fan?

Feel free to add Qs or totally ignore or try and start other topics please before we all go bonkers. 

1) Francis Lee. Said it often, it’s why I’m an adopted Ram. 

2) Southampton away cup replay midweek. Hired a Ford Orion with a broken door mirror (so all headlights were tripled) after work (postie at the time). Picked up mate and struggled most the way home trying to stay awake but Conor kept talking to me about any rubbish to help. Think I got home 2.45 am. Thank god we won 2-1.

3)Watching reaction from Dirties in ‘that’ game. Live with me forever, when they went 1 up home leg so 2 up on agg. Oh that was special. 

4) Villa’s always had a presence for me despite most of the results there. Terrific ground though. 

5) Champions of Division 1 (as was) after losing first game at home to Oldham 0-1 then unbeaten at BBG rest of season. Halcyon days. 
Thanks for inspiring some memorable moments with this thread @CBRammette