A penny for David Clowes’ thoughts - and what comes next?

Ambitious

5 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Remember our local rivals, rock bottom of the league after 8 games and then promoted to the premier League in the same season?

True. 

But they did sack the manager and to be fair they had a load of youth for Cooper to mould. Can’t see whoever comes in changing the trajectory of Bradley’s career.

Doesn't this whole saga just prove having a "good style of football" can really be a huge difference in support? I used to think style of play did not matter as long as you get results. After watching most of last season and the beginning of this season under Warne, I have changed my mind. I could see what Rosenior was trying to do, and we still were creating loads of chances but had nobody to stick it in the net. Now we are playing horrible football and not getting results at home, yet.

For some reason, in my mind, I thought Warne would have this Jurgen Klopp high press, blistering pace countering attacking team which would be devastating, especially away from home. And it has turned out to be the opposite. It genuinely is like watching football from 30 years ago. Kick it wide, cross cross cross. And we haven't recruited many athletic players for the counter attack either. How many teams actually play like that nowadays, even in our league? It has surprised me how many teams can get the ball down and knock it around comfortably along the pitch, which is making us look very amateur out of possession. It really is looking like Dizzy saved PW from humiliation last season.

The most sensible thing the club can do at this point is wait until the end of the season. Live by our decisions and take the medicine if we fail. We're definitely not going down, even we can beat the complete dross near the foot of the table. Warne seems like the honourable bloke to resign if he didn't achieve what he set out to do. As painful as it might be, for the sake of the club's finances, stick it out with the manager. You never know, by some miracle we might turn the ship around. I think the manager has realised his dream formation and system has failed 3 times now. Drop the ego and play a way which gains the most out of the players we have now.

It's a tough one for Clowes. I'm sure Warne is better than the current results are showing but he needs to find a way to start making it work. he needs to adapt and I'm not sure he wants to adapt. I know we are only three games in but it is carrying on the pattern of last year. We should be at least achieving a play off spot but I can't see that happening if Warne is still in charge. 

For Clowes it is then a matter of finance. How much it would cost to get rid and then the cost of the subsequent turmoil and change without the guarantees it will bring any better results.

Warne's relationship with the players may not be good at the moment and he picks the team but it is the players individual mistakes that have cost us two games. I actually thought up until Wigan scored we looked a really good side in the opening game.

I can't see Clowes doing anything for at least another 4 or 5 games. It's when the crowds start to really drop that Warne is in trouble