A new daily game. Name the year & opponents of a famous Rams match

admira

1 minute ago, jameso said:

I think we had more than one high-scoring and pulsating win over Wolves, and this might be "the other one" (didn't Martin hit a hat-trick in the slightly more convincing one though... possibly 5-0?)

From the personnel, including a fit George Thorne, but also Ince, Shackell and Carson, I'll go for 2015.

Perfect 🙂

29 minutes ago, admira said:

123. Year, opponents and memories. 4-2 home win. Goal scorers not necessarily in the correct order.

A174E6EF-DB2D-4696-B9B2-12968170E38B.jpeg

No direct memory, although I would have been there.
I only know the answer thanks to Google, so I won't spoil it for others... suffice to add a little clue, if I may... I presume there was a certain away kit on show that has often and repeatedly been described as "The worst away football kit in the history of away football kits"!  🤮🤣

7 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

No direct memory, although I would have been there.
I only know the answer thanks to Google, so I won't spoil it for others... suffice to add a little clue, if I may... I presume there was a certain away kit on show that has often and repeatedly been described as "The worst away football kit in the history of away football kits"!  🤮🤣

Coventry at Home NYD 1978, i think they played in all Red as memory serves me, if you are referring to their Admiral all brown kit (YUK), I think that was the season after, seem to recall Ian Wallace wearing it just before he moved to the Red Dogs!!! It went well with his complexion!!!!

For you young uns google him.

1 minute ago, I DONT MIND said:

Coventry at Home NYD 1978, i think they played in all Red as memory serves me, if you are referring to their Admiral all brown kit (YUK), I think that was the season after, seem to recall Ian Wallace wearing it just before he moved to the Red Dogs!!! It went well with his complexion!!!!

Who in the heck said I was referring to the brow... yeah ok... I was!  🤣

Happy to bow to your better knowledge/memory, and happy to be corrected.  I just recalled it to being "Around that time", rather than a specific season, in all honesty.

👍🍻🐏

11 hours ago, admira said:

124. Year, opponents and memories. 4-3 home win. Goal scorers not necessarily in the correct order.

67BF0EB6-7FE0-450D-AE3C-DB8A1AC87BB9.png

The seasons 92/93 , I’m torn between Bristol City and Charlton , I will go Charlton , I think the Bristol City game I’m thinking of was a different season and I remember now we lost that 4 3

48 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

The seasons 92/93 , I’m torn between Bristol City and Charlton , I will go Charlton , I think the Bristol City game I’m thinking of was a different season and I remember now we lost that 4 3

I think in the Bristol City game you're thinking of Andy Comyn was a sub. He came on and scored with his first touch. Into his own net.

On 09/12/2023 at 15:00, I DONT MIND said:

I remember the song on the Popside for that kit, to Brown Girl In The Ring.

"There's some brown sh*t on the pitch tra lalalala" 🙄

30 minutes ago, I DONT MIND said:

I think i know the opponents, but unsure of the year so i will let someone else have a bash.

You may as well have a go at the opponents. Doesn't matter if people only go for one or the other, there are no rules!