A new daily game. Name the year & opponents of a famous Rams match

admira

3 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Wasn't it the last game of the season (certainly home game), and therefor the last games for Wright and Saunders?

I actually have a recollection it happened on my birthday, which is in March! (Typical...)

3 hours ago, jameso said:

I actually have a recollection it happened on my birthday, which is in March! (Typical...)

2 hours ago, Foreveram said:

March 23rd to be exact.

End of the season Saunders £2.9 million and Wright £2.3 million left for Liverpool to pay off Mr Maxwell and we were relegated finishing bottom.

Strange how one's memory plays tricks on you. I could have sworn it was the last game, or perhaps after that thrashing I just can't remember any other games that season 😂

11 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Strange how one's memory plays tricks on you. I could have sworn it was the last game, or perhaps after that thrashing I just can't remember any other games that season 😂

Yes, I can definitely understand it if your memory is that we stopped playing on 23rd March (either in the warm-up or when Saunders scored... I have it in my head that it was 1-1 at one stage?!)

That said, am I right in thinking that the thrashing of Southampton happened after this game?

41 minutes ago, admira said:

113. Year, opponents and memories. 4-1 home win.

image.thumb.png.19ba37e5e8a3e3aeae4ec4a77eeabbd0.png

Blackpool 2009

It’s a shame they weren’t often fit together but Commons and Hulse as a front pairing were transformative. Think I worked it out years ago that we averaged two points a game with them playing 60+ minutes together.

For all the pelters Commons got for being inconsistent as well, he scored 7 and created 17 in his first season with us in a BAD Derby side.

20 hours ago, richinspain said:

We thrashed Southampton (6-2) a month later to slightly address the balance before the inevitable relegation.

A game notable for a certain Mr A Shearer playing and his only contribution being trying to continually remove the shirt from Mark Wright's back. Which considering that he was in Wright's pocket all afternoon wasn't a difficult task really.

Jossy also scored a hat-trick.

Edited by I DONT MIND

2 hours ago, admira said:

116. Year, opponents and memories. 5-5 away draw.  Goal scorers not necessarily in the correct order.

image.png.0d15cfea874a0854e042345f623da9ea.png

Birmingham City April 9th 1966.

Derby had their worst start to a season, losing their first 4 games.

Substitutes were allowed in league games for the first time although a player had to be injured to be replaced.

Bobby Saxton was Derby’s first sub and was only one minute after the first ever League sub Kieth Peacock for Charlton.

Derby finished 8th in division two. ( championship for you youngsters)