Do we have our 20 goal striker?

YouRams

We have a problem with Warne/Collins. Warne wants someone in the box to lump the ball in to, Collins often ends up wide or deep and leaves no-one in the box. Neither will change far from that so it's not going to end well. Any offer for Collins we'll sell, otherwise he'll see the season out as an rotation/squad option before being released.

Personally I think Collins is prefectly able of hitting 20 (counting pens) in this league if he is largely first choice and gets an appropriate level of service, but would probably have to have someone alongside him to pick up the orthodox target man role. 

22 minutes ago, Rample said:

We have a problem with Warne/Collins. Warne wants someone in the box to lump the ball in to, Collins often ends up wide or deep and leaves no-one in the box.

I think this is my biggest issue with Collins. He tries so hard to have an impact that he often ends up miles out of position. He needs to have a bit more patience and stay up top where he can do the most damage.

Only have to look at his goal against Portsmouth at the end of the season to see he has the instinct and is capable. 

Whilst I don't think he's capable of getting near Didzy's record from last season, I still think there's a good finisher in there when the service is to his liking.  If Warne goes with 2 up top I can see him being a useful fox in the box type.  He's certainly not a lone striker and I think he suffers from having to do too much in the build up because he prefers to run the channels.

As others have mentioned we need a couple of others to chip in with a few.  I'm looking at you Messers Sibley & Barkhuzen.  It's worth noting that Plymouth's top scorer last season only bagged 13, so it's entirely possible to go up without a goal machine.