Things that never crossed your mind (why is Spain not the same time as the UK)

Bob The Badger

27 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Bigger step up than that for a train and you continue upwards once you’re on the bus. A bus seat is about two feet above the ground.

6 and a half inches 😁

image.png.90db2ce15a6a73e87658a324afdf3b1f.png

Take into consideration that the bus will align with the curb so 3 inches, I'll give you the double decker bus upstairs, As for sitting down I've never climbed up on a single decker to sit down 😉

image.thumb.png.dc1565166edc3fd0b73bf9393a4c5d20.png

When the original idea of latitude and longitude was first proposed by government astronomers at the time, the original 0' degree of latitude was proposed to be in Derby due to the scientist putting forward the proposal.

However this was dismissed at the time by the King I think and Derby was replaced by Greenwich as the place to locate 0’ degree of latitude so it should be Derby Meantime and not Greenwich Meantime. 

1 minute ago, oomarkwright said:

When the original idea of latitude and longitude was first proposed by government astronomers at the time, the original 0' degree of latitude was proposed to be in Derby due to the scientist putting forward the proposal.

However this was dismissed at the time by the King I think and Derby was replaced by Greenwich as the place to locate 0’ degree of latitude so it should be Derby Meantime and not Greenwich Meantime. 

Yes,John Flamsteed.  Derby also had Lord Plimsoll of ship weight calculation and the fella who invented the lifejacket design used to stop unconscious sailors in the war from sinking that they still use.  Quite nautical for being as landlocked as you can get.