Gambling shirt sponsors no more in the Premier League

Day

an empty gesture

what they dont mention is they are still allowing sleeve sponsors, so sleeve sponsor values will just go up, and shirt sponsors will probably go down - in the end it wont make much difference except BET52134.china will be on a teams sleeve instead of the front

9 minutes ago, alram said:

an empty gesture

what they dont mention is they are still allowing sleeve sponsors, so sleeve sponsor values will just go up, and shirt sponsors will probably go down - in the end it wont make much difference except BET52134.china will be on a teams sleeve instead of the front

I didn't even read the article and thought this to myself.

Yes, the front of the shirts is no longer an option, but the sleeves are, and I guess the ban doesn't cover training kits or the possibility that EPL clubs might even be allowed to add back of shirt or shorts sponsors soon, like in the EFL.

Unless they ban all betting sponsorship (which they never will), then it's very much a non-story and nothing to celebrate.

2 minutes ago, roboto said:

I didn't even read the article and thought this to myself.

Yes, the front of the shirts is no longer an option, but the sleeves are, and I guess the ban doesn't cover training kits or the possibility that EPL clubs might even be allowed to add back of shirt or shorts sponsors soon, like in the EFL.

Unless they ban all betting sponsorship (which they never will), then it's very much a non-story and nothing to celebrate.

they didnt mention it in the article conviniently

it doesnt ban pitch side advertising either, or stadiums, or anything... apart from front of shirt deals.

a big song and dance about completely nothing

Edited by alram

Yeh that's solved it.

Obviously the constant pressure of ads giving you the odds and telling you how much you can win by guessing who will take the next corner when you're at home with a beer watching the game on Sky isn't the real issue ..

12 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Obviously the constant pressure of ads giving you the odds and telling you how much you can win by guessing who will take the next corner when you're at home with a beer watching the game on Sky isn't the real issue ..

This bloke agrees, https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/apr/14/football-gambling-betting-shirts-ban-ads-addiction, He's claiming sight of any hoarding is seeing an advert when he says "You can see about 700 gambling ads in every Premier League game" , thats one every ten seconds or so.

I wish they could ban the SkyBet ad that blasts out before every game at PP - Jeff Stelling shouting at me about how many folk are responsible gamblers (ignoring the far larger number of folk who are even more responsible and don't gamble at all) - he can go forth and multiple....