Wouldn't It Be Good...

StantonRam

3 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

I'm not talking about sensible comments suggesting he wasn't going to be successful I'm talking about the utter breeze some people spout.  

But the retorts don't always make it clear who it is aimed at...

hi all

1 down, 6 to go!

I know that the word 'journeyman' isn't entirely fair to some of the current squad, but the fact that they were available to us under the severe restrictions we were under at the time suggests that for whatever reason they were actively looking for clubs rather than being fought over.  That is not to diminish in any way the mostly excellent performances of late by all concerned.

Agree with the comments regarding LR, who should indeed be praised for the recruitment aspect.  I'm sure he could have got us up given time, but I also agree that in the circumstances the appointment of PW was the correct one.

I think that what has happened is that PW has applied the methods he used with less talented players (aka the Rotherham lot) but has also adapted to the fact that we do have some players here with a skill set a level or two higher.  So we now have a squad that is probably fitter and probably runs more than most L1 teams and is also more skilful than most of them.

LR2

As I've said on another thread, I'm not overly concerned about catching the top 2, as I think it's a slightly to big a mountain to climb.  As long as we continue to lengthen the gap to 7th, we should be happy.  I fancy us against any of the 3 other teams who end up in the play offs with us, over 2 legs.