Clough loved Derby most

Jimbo Ram

Don't know if it's already been posted on here, but there are a couple of golden videos on YouTube.

One was originally filmed in 1991 when he was commentating on a home game of Derby vs. Spurs. On video he openly states (while still Forest manager) that the "greatest days of my (his) managerial career" were while at Derby!

There's also another video from around the same era where he quite firmly states "I'm a Derby man!".

5 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Looking at the two clubs now, I bet you can’t believe your good fortune! 

?

SK could never have gone back though Mucker - Once a Ram, Always a Ram. You know that better than most.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

Remember when Brian Clough died, scrutinised by the global media, his family chose to hold his commemorative service in Derby, the place where this man, who never lost his lifelong pride in his Middlesbrough roots, chose to live with his family for the rest of his life after coming here when it was still a town in 1967. That was a big statement from Barbara, Simon, Nigel and Elizabeth and one can only think that they were carrying out their husband and father's final wishes. Furthermore, Brian and Barbara now rest side-by-side for eternity at St. Oswald's Church in Duffield. So, regardless of the folly of that small group of men who drove him out of our football club in 1973, his bond with Derby and the county was unbreakable. Nottingham was just a place nearby where it was regrettably convenient for him to continue his work as the greatest ever English football manager. Can anyone ever remember him expressing his love for Nottingham or its people? No, because he never did.

Home is where the heart is and Derby was his home. QED.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

Coincidentally, I was asked this very question by a work colleague the other day (a Blades fan).  I waxed lyrical for ages about how Clough preferred Derby and so on and so forth. We can pull a lot of quotes and anecdotes about this to ‘prove’ it.

But

If there was a similar debate on a Notts Florist forum, could they also find lots of quotes and anecdotes to back up any similar claims?

I don’t know, I hope not because it is ‘nice’ - if nothing else - to think he preferred the Rams.

5 minutes ago, LazloW said:

If there was a similar debate on a Notts Florist forum, could they also find lots of quotes and anecdotes to back up any similar claims?

Only if they made them up ?

3 hours ago, LazloW said:

Coincidentally, I was asked this very question by a work colleague the other day (a Blades fan).  I waxed lyrical for ages about how Clough preferred Derby and so on and so forth. We can pull a lot of quotes and anecdotes about this to ‘prove’ it.

But

I don’t know, I hope not because it is ‘nice’ - if nothing else - to think he preferred the Rams.

Hmmm…

Me thinks they may well have mentioned them by now, don’t you?  ?