Brazil are set to play at Pride Park in friendly

Day

Never seen so many Brazilians and Ukraines!

They sure did make some noise behind the south stand goal, both sets sat next to each other banging drums and chanting all game. Made the Barmy Army look like Choir boys:redface:.

Outside before the kick off, they were banging drums and dancing too.

Brilliant.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brazil hire a promoter to arrange their friendlies around the world. The original venue in in the middle east I think it was cancelled short notice and we stepped in.

The promoter sets the prices, I think that DCFC would get a rental for the stadium and the booking fees to pay the extra costs incurred of having to produce tickets and staff the ticket office.

Had it been a Saturday game I think more fans would have come - simply because it could have attracted people from wider afield in the UK. Monday night was never going to attract people travelling for any amount of time greater than 90 minutes as it would be a ballache after a day at work and getting home for the next day.

That's all well and good but what can we blame Glick for? He must have done something we can moan at.

Can't see how anyone can blame rams fans for not turning up - it was open to everyone wasn't it, not just people from Derby. I bet DCFC were out of pocket just hosting the damn thing.

Can't see how anyone can blame rams fans for not turning up - it was open to everyone wasn't it, not just people from Derby. I bet DCFC were out of pocket just hosting the damn thing.

GLick is on record in the DET today as saying we broke even

Glick added: "We won't make money out of the event but we won't lose money either – I want the supporters to know that.

"It wasn't about making a profit, it was more about putting on a special occasion for Derby and all the football supporters across Derbyshire.

How many tickets have been sold? anyone know? I saw in the DET that they are expecting 15,000 crowd, thats terrible for a Brasil game.

I know the prices are a bit steep 30 quid, but if the emirates can fill 60,000 stadium for Brasil game why cant we fill 33,000?

It would be a good omen as well incase Bristol city,s proposed new ground does not get the go ahead maybe Derby could still be in with a chance if we win the bidding for WC 2018.

But you would normally have several months notice to sell tickets, derby took this on with only 2 weeks to go, as such it was always gonna be tough to sell a large number of tickets. Besides, Derby didn't do the promo for the event.

Never seen so many Brazilians and Ukraines!

They sure did make some noise behind the south stand goal, both sets sat next to each other banging drums and chanting all game. Made the Barmy Army look like Choir boys:redface:.

Outside before the kick off, they were banging drums and dancing too.

Brilliant.

Boycie,

To say I am fuming about this would be understatement!!!

Drums, flags on sticks, giant flags on sticks are so called not allowed as we wanted to use these in our area!!!

So yes it does make us look like choir boys and we are not happy!!!

Expect something to come of this is all I will say on the matter!!!

Nick

I had a great time at the South East Corner, me and 7 other mates came up from Kettering to shout for the Ukraine.

It was all worth if for the 4 seconds of coverage we got on ESPN, and our picture of us spelling out 'UKRAINE!' on our chests in today's Ukrainian newspaper.

Not sure the Brazilians understood our terrace humour though....

It's a shame really.

People were obviously outpriced by the £30 and chose not to attend.

Had the match been on Saturday, they could have attracted a much higher crowd. Given children have school on a Tuesday morning, parents would have been more lenient in letting them go on a Saturday than on a Monday night.

Offers should have been made to local schools. Stalls selling Brazil shirts, competitions to meet players and little Brazillian soccer school side shows should have been made in the car park. By doing this, they could have reduced ticket prices and made extra revenue from the extra things sold.

But I guess everything was in too short notice to organise.

A few thoughts on last night;

Although the game was played at a training pace, I quite enjoyed watching players with a very high level of technical ability.

Thought the fans were great, made a lot of noise for a couple of hundred, I can't imagine what it would be like going to a Brazil match over there.

There was a great atmosphere outside before the game, there was a Brazilian drumming group from Derby called calidoscopio playing and the Brazillians came and joined in with their drums, also a fair few dancing and waving flags, spot on.

As for atmosphere, there wasn't the distorted far too loud music before the game, it just built up on it's own. Why can't we do that for league games.

If you were watching Mr. Glick, and want to sign a couple of decent players, Brazil were the ones in yellow, although you might have to get your wallet out!

I notice someone said the match was open to everyone and not just Derby fans, and this is true - I had an email from SeeTickets I think which were saying tickets were on sale for it.

I chose not to go, I wouldn't waste 30 quid on any friendly, I'd rather see a competitive match no matter whos on show

Archived