Derby v Barnsley Match Ratings

Ellafella

The only thing, in my opinion, which prevented Cashin getting a 10/10, was the foul and booking, which in some circumstances, could have ended in a red card and not just a yellow one.

Otherwise, Cashin's performance last Saturday, was as perfect you will see, in any division, because he headed everything that came his way; his tackling was spot on (except for the foul & card), and his positioning sense was as good as Colin Todd's, which I had the pleasure to watch in the 1970's.

I also believe he will make a very good captain as he must be learning a good deal from Curtis Davies and Jake Buxton.

I sincerely hope he plays for Derby County for many years to come, however, if we have to sell him, then the starting price must be in the region of £25million.

I'll give you a few examples of my idea of 'flawless' or 'out of this world' performances from memory :-

1. Roger Davies, vs Luton Town, at the BBG, 1974/75

2. Charlie George vs Real Madrid, at the BBG, 1975/76

3. Peter Shilton vs Newcastle, at SJP, 1987/88

4. Colin Boulton, Derby v Benfica, SoL, 1972/73

Sure, I understand that the match ratings are off the cuff, gut-feeling, personal opinion etc, and contributors will continue to call them as they see them, but my point stands : when they're at the emotional end of the spectrum, rather than analytical, they distort the results. 

Carry on!

3 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

In which case the ratings system should only go up to 9.5.

As that's the highest anyone can go to though, that itself becomes the 'perfect score' and is in effect the same as giving someone a 10/10.

It's a stupid, self-defeating piece of pedantry to not allow 10/10 ratings.

Standards of performance that people/things are expected to meet change all the time, it's all relative.

I'm inclined to agree. Like the 11 setting on the amp in Spinal Tap...

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

I'll give you a few examples of my idea of 'flawless' or 'out of this world' performances from memory :-

1. Roger Davies, vs Luton Town, at the BBG, 1974/75

2. Charlie George vs Real Madrid, at the BBG, 1975/76

3. Peter Shilton vs Newcastle, at SJP, 1987/88

4. Colin Boulton, Derby v Benfica, SoL, 1972/73

Sure, I understand that the match ratings are off the cuff, gut-feeling, personal opinion etc, and contributors will continue to call them as they see them, but my point stands : when they're at the emotional end of the spectrum, rather than analytical, they distort the results. 

Carry on!

Craig Bryson V Notts Forest 2014(?).