At the start of something big?

19 hours ago, Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster said:

There's something going on at our club that gives me the Arthur Cox, Jim Smith vibe.

I can't put my finger on it, but something instinctive in me tells me we're entering a new exciting chapter.

The planets seem to be aligning.

Something in my water ( and hopefully it's not cystitis) tells me we're at the beginning of something big, and I've not felt this way for many a year.

I feel something brewing. Don't ask me how, I just feel it....

I think we're at the outset of a huge uplift for our club.

Remember where you heard it first... ?

Get out the pub and go home

7 hours ago, Duracell said:

I don’t enjoy piling on the pressure like this. The owner has said very little, but in one of his few public interviews he said he wants three things for Derby: “stability, integrity and progress.” 

If we start marking comparisons with the 1980s or mid 90s, then there’s a danger that this becomes our measure of success. This, despite the owner saying it’s not.

We need stability and to steady the ship. I think a better comparison is with our time under GSE.

Agreed. While it's important to limit the amount of time spent in L1, we need to be realistic. Impossible to fully evaluate the newly assembled squad until at least Dec / Jan. 

I'm enjoying everything that comes out from Clowse and Rosenior at the moment. Stability, integrity, progress. Values were should all be able to get behind given their total absence from the previous regime.

Rosenior taking about the right culture and football philosophy. Recruiting based on character and fit to the playing style. All this should be applauded and will hopefully pay dividends if we stick to it. 

I hope it clicks into place but important to see this as a longer term project and manage our expectations accordingly. Saying that, it's exciting to see us have this fresh start and feel optimistic that we can have a bright future.