Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

2 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I stand corrected.👍

I keep forgetting that the headline transfer fee is split over the length of the contract when it comes to purchases. As you've previously pointed out money 'raised' from sales is only counted against the 'book value' of a player. So, am I correct in thinking that if they were to sell an expensive flop for a loss on his 'book value', this would actually count against them from an FFP point of view, even though money would actually be coming into the club?

That's right. Someone like Sangare (signed for £30m but only played more than 45 minutes once in 2024) would have to be sold for more than £24m

On 12/06/2024 at 15:48, Day said:

Given the 4pt deduction last time, I’d be more tempted to stick two fingers up again, puts them in an unfair selling position that all clubs will know about.

With Everton the panel said because it’s the 2nd year they will get less of a punishment and only ended up with 2 points. It made no sense to me (surely if you continue to breach the punishment should be higher) but Forest will surely bare that in mind if I was Forest I would risk it and just take the hit

why would any of the “top 6” clubs buy luiz from villa for example knowing if they just wait until after July 1 their rival could potentially get a points deduction?

the English game should be following spains model and just make it so when clubs go over the limit they can’t register new players until they are under it again, it is a far better system and stops the madness of points deduction and this low balling which just suits high revenue teams. The date of a sale shouldn’t matter , what difference will it have on the season if a players sold on June 30 or July 1?

Edited by alram

On 12/06/2024 at 13:28, nottingram said:

Must say it is enjoyable watching Forest fans on Twitter try and work out what loopholes they can exploit in place of selling players before the end of June.

I’m sure they were sympathetic to Derby’s plight a couple of years ago. 

let’s not pretend they arent already using loopholes and are still in a s*** position

olympiscos anyone?

Edited by alram