Chinny reckon

dog

On 19/05/2022 at 16:54, BaaLocks said:

And shouting 'Tops' or 'Shame' while connecting your thumb and middle finger and then slapping your index finger against it (there really is no easy way to describe the motion). Normally done right in the face the person being shamed.

Round my way, we used to shout "dubs" or "dubbins" as loudly as possible whilst doing this in the face of the person being shamed. This was to ensure maximum exposure of the shamed to the rest of the school. 

Not everyone could make the clicking sound with their fingers though. In this event, the shamed person had the right to "dubs back". 

14 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

In secondary school, we used to be forced to play a game where you have two sides, one out in the field and one in the outfield.
Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.  When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!
I think there's also a version where they play for 5 days straight, then just think "Feck it, shall we just call it a draw"!

Sounds like the okey cokey game. 

On 20/05/2022 at 12:02, Wolfie said:

Reading this has just broke the memory of a simple tennis ball throwing game we used to play against an 8ft high x 10ft wide stone wall - so it had irregular sufaces.

Player 1 throws the ball at the wall and player 2 has to retrieve it.

Player 2 then throws the ball at the wall from wherever they were when they picked it up from the first throw.

Player 3 has to retrieve it etc etc.

A good hard throw and a dodgy angle on the wall often meant you were having to throw it from quite a distance.

Miss the wall. You lose

Somebody catches the ball without it bouncing. You lose

Last kid in the game wins.

We also had a kicking variation of the game but my mum didn't like that one, cos it used to ruin my school shoes.

Both verisons were imaginatively titled: Wally

Happy days

We too had a game called Wally. 

Played on the street behind my house, where the A52 rose far above, and there was a goal spray painted on the wall below. 

Two players took turn to hit the goal, with one touch allowed if the ball was on the road running by, but two touches if it rolled down the bank or jitty on the left, or past the garden on the right. 

Quite a tactical game, where you'd endeavor to get as close to the target area as possible, to enable a crippling shot to the opponent.

Screenshot_20220521-221750_Maps.thumb.jpg.b011b113d0bdaf674ac63cdddef4f6b7.jpgScreenshot_20220521-221742_Maps.thumb.jpg.0188d669dc01d1acb9cae88d9121658e.jpg