Peterborough at Home

SandiacreRam

Hi all

Been following this forum for years but only recently started posting.

Fantastic effort by everyone to be in a position where we might sell out on Sunday, great to see lots of folks bringing children for first time and even supporters of other clubs

With no PL games this weekend then we are the only show in town and we will get massive coverage ..that’s great...however as a fan base we need to keep going. We have three home  games in Feb however only The Peterborough one  is on a Saturday .

Although clearly ticket sales for Hull and Millwall important I believe Peterborough is a really good opportunity for us to get another bumper crowd in what hopefully is a key game for us , it also is 12 days before the next deadline..hopefully thinks will be moving positively by then , but if still bumpy another opportunity to ramp things up with media etc and bring vital income into the club.

I purchased my tickets for my son and myself for the Hull and PBoro home matches last week and cant wait for the games. I took a punt on the deadline being put back or a buyer taking us over but I thought the club could do with the cash up front either way.

I haven't been up to Pride Park since for an age due to work commitments (I work most weekends ) and covid so I'm really looking forward to seeing a live game again. I have taken some time off work and have booked the Chaddesden Travel lodge for both games , so I can have a good drink before and after the match and roar the Rams onto 2 wins .I couldn't get the time off for the Millwall game so I didn't do the the 3 for 2 offer unfortunately.

I live at Haverhill in Suffolk which is around 130 miles away from Pride Park so my match opportunities are limited but I make the most of them when I can and will follow the Rams in what ever division we have been in or will be in.

The main thing is we have a team to follow. Our day will come again ,of that I'm sure .COYR

1 hour ago, TaahnRam said:

Still doing the 3 for 2 offer I believe so great opportunity to keep this momentum going with this great support 

Yep it’s good, just that two are nights and that makes it more difficult for folks( travel, school night, shifts) ..hope that some of those coming on Sat for first time/ first time for a while can make it to other games during Feb.

This season has been mentally challenging for I guess most supporters , I consider myself really fortunate in terms of family, hobbies etc but it has really got to me the last few weeks ( my wife of 28 yrs just doesn’t get footy and can’t really understand why I am moody?) god knows how difficult it is for those fans who are not as fortunate .

Having said all of that, it has in some ways been a good season...bear with me ...our fan base has stopped arguing with each other, the support in the Stadium has been exceptional, away support and volume outstanding and connection with players and staff/manager better than I can recall in over 50 yrs supporting ‘our team’...hopefully we will come through this and be .stronger for it

I have also been really humbled by genuine support from the vast majority of football supporters of other clubs , will certainly loom to support other clubs that get into difficulties moving forwards 

On the subject of getting a drink before and after the match and as its been a while, can anyone recommend any good pubs around or near the ground ? 

Do tickets still get sold for the bar at pride Park as I couldn't see the option to buy any when I bought the tickets for both matches.

Clearly going to be really busy on Sunday ....PP doesn’t really have much nearby ...good pubs such as Brunswick, Flowerpot, Alexandra that are all on route from town will be rammed( they are home only )  ...but if you get in early well worth doing as good ale etc ...Town is decent, buses go regularly from Outside Eagle Centre Market end  ( opposite bus station ) so that’s an option..Merlin will be rammed so avoid that 

5 hours ago, SandiacreRam said:

Clearly going to be really busy on Sunday ....PP doesn’t really have much nearby ...good pubs such as Brunswick, Flowerpot, Alexandra that are all on route from town will be rammed( they are home only )  ...but if you get in early well worth doing as good ale etc ...Town is decent, buses go regularly from Outside Eagle Centre Market end  ( opposite bus station ) so that’s an option..Merlin will be rammed so avoid that 

Flowerpot isn't on route to the ground unless you're walking from Duffield Rd.

9 hours ago, SandiacreRam said:

Any pub our fans go in is Rammed of course ?

11 hours ago, Jortat said:

On the subject of getting a drink before and after the match and as its been a while, can anyone recommend any good pubs around or near the ground ? 

Do tickets still get sold for the bar at pride Park as I couldn't see the option to buy any when I bought the tickets for both matches.

Brunswick ??