Dear Deidre...

Mucker1884

After a Christmas fraught with hospitalised elderly relatives, restricted visits, stress and a general fear for the worst (since alleviated, thankfully), we are today due to disappear into the wilds of The North Lakes, for a short 4 night break amidst peace, tranquillity, birdsong, hot tubs, cheeses, wines, and nibbles.  A bit of "We time".  A much needed unwind.  Time for fresh air, mountainous treks, idyllic views, and togetherness.

My problem is, whilst on the surface, this appears to be the perfect time for us both to relax, shower each other with attention, appreciation, and dare I say, a little lovin', there are certain things that will no doubt be lingering at the back of my mind, and threaten to divert my attention elsewhere.

Elsewhere, my one true love will continue to be dying on it's arse.  Despite it's determination, it's fighting spirit, and it's doggedness to survive, it's heart is slowing as we speak.  It is struggling to breath, and finding it harder each day, to even stand unaided. 
Even whilst lacking the ability to actually offer help, I still feel the need to check in on the patient.  To enquire on it's well being, and seek the latest updates.
Oh yeah... and it's Fo*est away, at 12:30 on Saturday... live on the hostelry telly-boxes!

Talk about dilemma!

How the Duckety-Duck do I play this one?  ?

FJfGedjXoAknWjm.jpg

27 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

One of these issues is within your control, one isn’t. Lavish attention on the one you love, enjoy your time away, look after your own well-being, recharge the batteries.

When you emerge, it will probably all still be rambling on. You won’t miss much.

Yes get some time off. But this is in our control. We will fight the EFL. And win.