Let's make pp rocking and sea black and white

B4ev6is

26 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Best wishes to all of you.

Gah! I hate this freakin' virus.

A Happy and Healthy New Year to all of you - and, indeed, to everyone.

Thanks, Buddy.  ?

Just to clarify, Father in law isn't in because of covid, but yeah, it is covid that is governing the visiting restrictions, and therefore affecting our decisions in how we conduct our lives just now.

?

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Thanks, Buddy.  ?

Just to clarify, Father in law isn't in because of covid, but yeah, it is covid that is governing the visiting restrictions, and therefore affecting our decisions in how we conduct our lives just now.

?

Yeah, understood. And every caution that you're taking is the right approach.

If only, Boris was the same.

I just meant Covid is affecting the way we lead our lives. My friend has just bought some recording devices for a neo-natal unit, so that children can record messages for their new born siblings - because Covid is restricting the visitors to the ward - and the recordings help with the family bonding.

Anyhow, I hope it all works out well for you guys and your father in law makes a full recovery.

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Nothing to do with fear, mate. 
And we’re both perfectly fit and healthy, touch wood!
We’ve managed to stay clear of covid thus far, and right now, more so than at any other time, we’d really like to stay that way!

it’s more out of respect, and putting others’ needs above our own. 
Staff, visitors, and patients at Derby Royal, in the main. But the main reason is that me & Muckrrette are both currently testing on a daily basis, and should either of us test positive, then her 90 year old dad will literally be allowed no other visitor, as we are the only visitors he is allowed. (Hospital rules). 
After fearing the worst less than a week ago, he’s now thankfully on the mend. He’s effectively out of danger. And for that, we heartily thank the hospital staff, and count our blessings. But he’s still going to be in there for a while yet, and he’s relying on us visiting for a measly one hour a day, every day, as his only connection to the outside world. (He’s started smiling again today. We want to see that every day!)
We see that not as a duty, or a chore, but as an absolute pleasure and an honour, to a wonderful man, and in order to keep it going, we feel we must try everything in our power to ensure we keep covid at bay. For us, that means minimal shopping, cancelled family gatherings over Christmas, cancelled camping trips over New Year, and even at the risk of being called a half fan, (or worse!) cancelled trips to what I currently consider to be non-essential attendance to football matches. 
I’ve recently started taking a travel mug of coffee, and have a season ticket, so rest assured, DCFC won’t be losing a penny, by me not turning up!

Just don’t forget… Give them a cheer for me… I’m relying on you, buddy!  Big time!  

??

I will do that buddy

You give him a hug from me and stand by the radio togather and perhaps put sky on mate with him.

10 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Yeah, understood. And every caution that you're taking is the right approach.

If only, Boris was the same.

I just meant Covid is affecting the way we lead our lives. My friend has just bought some recording devices for a neo-natal unit, so that children can record messages for their new born siblings - because Covid is restricting the visitors to the ward - and the recordings help with the family bonding.

Anyhow, I hope it all works out well for you guys and your father in law makes a full recovery.

Brilliant!  ?

I did similar yesterday, but in a very amateurish but practical way!

Too complicated/technical/impractical for me to try to set up facetime groups/video calls etc (and no idea what signal would be like up on a 4th floor ward?), but a short & sweet 40 second vid on i-phone... WhatsApp messages... and the paper-hatted F-I-L sends everyone a smile, a shaky but concise "Happy Christmas, and see you all soon", and before you know it, family, friends and loved ones are absolutely made up! ?

Those few minutes alone have made this a wonderful Christmas, despite outside appearances!  

???