Safe, password protected file storage

Stuniverse

24 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

Does anybody know of somewhere on the Internet where I could upload files for safe storage, password protect them, and I could then share a link and password with someone else so that they could access the files from the link and view using the password?

I use microsoft one drive. 

1 hour ago, Stuniverse said:

Thanks, @TigerTedd and @Tamworthram. I’m not very technically savvy, how does Microsoft one drive work? What would I need to do?

I’m trying to remember how I set it up, as I have several accounts with work and personal, and can’t remember if I had to pay to set up my personal account. I don’t think I did. I think it’s just attached to my Hotmail account. 

so if you have any kind of free Microsoft account - hotmail, outlook, I’m not sure if there are any others - you can just go to OneDrive.com and sign in and it will talk you through installing one drive. 

that will add an extra folder to your file explorer. Save anything you want to share in there. Then when it comes time to sharing it, you can right click on the file, then go to share (next to the cloud). 

then you’ve got options to only share it with specific people, or if you click on that, you can share it with anyone with the link, but you can set a time limit and/or a password. 

you can then email the link directly from here, or copy it to paste it in an email or another document later. 

you can also log into one drive at any time from anywhere. Handy if you want to see these files and you’re away from the computer. But it’s also the only place you can see what you’ve shared, or what’s been shared with you, and can play around with the settings (like revoking access to people, or changing passwords). 

hope that helps, but let me know if you get stuck.