Sliding Doors

FlyBritishMidland

36 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

How do we know when a moment goes in our favour though? 

Pearson scores and we get promoted. Seems like a good moment. Had he missed, and we had another year to build in the championship, would we have fairer better in the premier league the next season? Would we be building a statue to Billy now?

QPR beat us in the final, but they’ve been pretty mediocre ever since. 

Portsmouth win the FA Cup, seems like the best thing, but end up in the lower leagues. Leicester go into admin, seems like the end of the world, but a few years later they’re winning the prem. draw a long enough timeline and you can trace any good or bad event back to any other good or bad event. 

our time will come, maybe in 5 years, maybe in 50 years. But everything that happened will have happened to get us to that point. Right now we’re in a bad place, so it seems that every event leading uk to this has been bad, and it’s hard to see past that. But when we’re back in a good place, the same events will have had a good conclusion. 

to put it another way:

“it’ll all be alright in the end… and if it’s not alright, it’s not the end”

Simon Mayo and Mark Kermode 

I actually think we had one at the end of last season when Waghorn stepped up and helped us stay in the Championship.

Without that, we could be in the mess we are in now, but a whole division lower.

3 hours ago, angieram said:

I actually think we had one at the end of last season when Waghorn stepped up and helped us stay in the Championship.

Without that, we could be in the mess we are in now, but a whole division lower.

I thought that the day the news came out about the -9.  OK, we should win a few more making it easier to stay up but it would still have been a big challenge.