Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

2 hours ago, Phoenix said:

I really meant 8 sessions from the start of the 1st of our innings. Wasn't sure about the local weather, I'm on holiday in Somerset, very little rain forecast for a day or two.?

That would make sense ?

Forecast is saying reasonable chance of rain from 6am to 4/5pm. They will move lunch and tea around and play until about 7 like today though. So there will be some batting required I think.

6E414C3E-3096-4519-87DB-FCF4154BFAC8.jpeg

249-4 and Steven Mullaney offers the handshake with 16 overs to go, which is the earliest point that you can...which was nice of him ?

Superb effort from Came and Reece who really took the sting out of the game. A little flurry of wickets in the last session but Madsen and Cartwrignt saw it home without ever looking in much trouble.

A real show of character against a good bowling attack. I always felt like we would do it...which is a strange new sensation ?

Great little post match interview with Mickey Arthur. 2 big points for being I'm talking about the decision to drop Godleman and play Came. The rationale to me sounds absolutely spot on.

Then also a bit on Tom Wood, who will be playing every game (excluding the championship one next week) he possibly can to try and earn his spot in the one day team.

8 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Not really DCCC related, and not really in DCCC's best interest that Glamorgan won, but for Leicestershire to post a 1st inning total of 584 and lose by an innings must be some sort of record.

Oh dear, how sad.

Answered my own rhetorical question really, but these are test matches.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/top-5-highest-first-innings-totals-to-result-in-losses

Some more here of similar ilk.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/top-6-first-innings-scores-innings-defeat

Edited by Phoenix

16 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Not really DCCC related, and not really in DCCC's best interest that Glamorgan won, but for Leicestershire to post a 1st inning total of 584 and lose by an innings must be some sort of record.

Oh dear, how sad.

Christ, they lost ? I saw Northeast got his 400 and assumed it would be a draw.

8 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I remember Chesney Hughes scoring a double hundred against Yorkshire, and we got 400 odd in the first innings and I think we lost by an innings.

475 back in 2013 with Chesney batting through for an unbeaten 270. Then some young lads called Root and Bairstow went and spoiled it...

F6A406ED-771B-498F-924B-7E0F246E266E.png