Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

13 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Sounds like we had two very poor decisions today, Masood and Du Ploy, couple of early wickets early doors tomorrow and who knows. Thompson got a bit of turn late on.. 

Du Plooys looks a shocker to me, my initial thought was he was well outside the line and he definitely was. With the hindsight of slowing the replay down, Masood looked unfortunate too but was at least close.

Hopefully we get a couple back today ?

14 minutes ago, Crewton said:

They're putting up a good fight, considering two in-form seam bowlers and an all rounder who's our top fielder are out injured, and Reece has been hampered by an injury picked up during the match. I hope we can run Notts close today. 

Yeah it's unfortunate (and typical) we get all this bad luck for the Notts game. Starting with losing Sidebottom, then Lakmal and Dal, then Reece during the game to confound matters. Notts are by far the best team in the division and it would have been great to see how far we could have pushed them at full strength.

It's been a good effort though. Probably needed 350 with the bat in the first innings which is the only disappointment.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Looks like we are looking for an overseas replacement for Lakmal, we don’t have much luck in this department ?

With him on a 2 year deal, I assume he will stick around. It's a real shame as his experience and control were huge in a largely inexperienced bowling attack.

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

With him on a 2 year deal, I assume he will stick around. It's a real shame as his experience and control were huge in a largely inexperienced bowling attack.

Bit worrying going in to the 20/20 so short in the bowling department ?

10 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Bit worrying going in to the 20/20 so short in the bowling department ?

I think Scrimshaw is going to be ready to play, he was good with the white ball last season, and Conners probably plays now, whereas he normally doesn't in the T20. Assuming Reece and Dal aren't fit for Friday, the team could look something like this...

Shan Masood

Harry Came

Leus Du Plooy

Wayne Madsen

Alex Hughes

Mattie Mckiernan

Brooke Guest

Alex Thomson

Mark Watt

Sam Conners

George Scrimshaw

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

I see a number of games in the 20/20 where we score 160 but concede 200 (or at a rate of).

Yeah we've been seriously lacking in power hitting in previous years. Probably still are unless McKiernan and Thomson can do it down the order. We will rely more on the skill of Masood, Madsen and Du Plooy getting quick runs early I think.

Given the dwindling bowling options, I don't think low/middling scores will do the job.

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Yeah we've been seriously lacking in power hitting in previous years. Probably still are unless McKiernan and Thomson can do it down the order. We will rely more on the skill of Masood, Madsen and Du Plooy getting quick runs early I think.

Given the dwindling bowling options, I don't think low/middling scores will do the job.

Yep spot on. We will rely a lot of Masood again, and the others will need to score well by hitting lots of 1 and 2's.

Maybe the slightly deeper batting will help - as you say - some good 20/30's late hitting in the middle order will help us but I'm very concerned over the bowling.

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Yep spot on. We will rely a lot of Masood again, and the others will need to score well by hitting lots of 1 and 2's.

Maybe the slightly deeper batting will help - as you say - some good 20/30's late hitting in the middle order will help us but I'm very concerned over the bowling.

To be fair, Du Plooy can be a big hitter in the short format, you forget when you watch him be very watchful against the red ball ? The only bit of the hundred I watched last year was when I put it on and he was batting and smashing it to all parts. Hopefully see some of that for us this year.