Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

Middlesex all out for 358.

A wise man yesterday said 350 was a good score on this pitch 👀 Middlesex proved it could be done. The bounce and turn was still there but they dealth with it far better than us…particularly Stoneman.

I would say if we can do it (350) we can leave them a tricky score for the fourth innings…but the 185 runs to make them bat again looks a daunting enough task by recent standards.

Edited by jimbo jones

55 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I missed it but apparently Fletch said on commentary that we have an overseas bowler singed/signing for next season and it is someone who's been here before.

Mohamad Amir again? Perhaps Zaman Khan just for the T20 - I wouldn't mind that.

Other possibilities? Logan Van Beek, can't think of anyone else.

I have thought of a few more that would be interesting.…

Matt Henry, Lockie Ferguson, Duane Olivier

The state of things at the moment it will probably be Dustin Melton.

1 minute ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Is Madsen just allowed to bat on his own like when you are playing as kids on the park. He can run and then walk back to take strike. Might be simpler and better all round. 

With a tennis ball, no pads and a bin for the wickets……great memories 😊

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

With a tennis ball, no pads and a bin for the wickets……great memories 😊

Played like that on the street. Got the real cricket ball out if we went on the park, with one pair of pads to go around…no need for gloves or a helmet 👀 Amazingly, one lad losing a couple of teeth was the only injury as we weren't shy with the bouncers 😬

5 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Played like that on the street. Got the real cricket ball out if we went on the park, with one pair of pads to go around…no need for gloves or a helmet 👀 Amazingly, one lad losing a couple of teeth was the only injury as we weren't shy with the bouncers 😬

As long as he just lost his teeth….nothing serious then 😉

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Derbyshire welcome Gummy McGumbo as their new middle order batsman. 

7 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

I missed it but apparently Fletch said on commentary that we have an overseas bowler singed/signing for next season and it is someone who's been here before.

Mohamad Amir again? Perhaps Zaman Khan just for the T20 - I wouldn't mind that.

Other possibilities? Logan Van Beek, can't think of anyone else.

I hope its Khan not amir who did very little .

3 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Next season off load Arthur, Lloyd, Came, Donald, Wood, 

All are under contract next season so its unlikely any will leave - Lloyd is signed to the end of the 2026 season 😬

Certainly wouldn't offload Donald, he's probably our best T20 batter. Where he fits into the red ball team I don't know. I'm not sure he's reliable enough to bat in the top 6.

Came is fine as a squad player. He’s averaging 36 since coming back into the team after the one day cup, which is second only to Madsen. One criticism I would have is he's not converting half centuries into big scores. At 26 there’s still time for him to improve.

Shame about Wagstaff losing his wicket in the last over. He and Madsen batted really well and deserved to take the partnership into the next day.

I thought Came and Guest's dismissals lbw were extremely generous decisions by Umpire Baldwin, who denied Derbyshire some good shouts when Middlesex were batting.