Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

Next up is the final home game of the season against Middlesex. Hopefully the pitch is similar to the one against Glamorgan and will suit our bowlers.

With us almost certain to extend our already record tally of wooden spoons id make some drastic changes.

Luis Reece (C)

Harry Came

Ajay Khunti

Wayne Madsen

Brooke Guest

Yousaf Bin Naeem

Aneurin Donald

Zak Chappel

Harry Moore

Pat Brown 

Jack Morley

3 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Next up is the final home game of the season against Middlesex. Hopefully the pitch is similar to the one against Glamorgan and will suit our bowlers.

With us almost certain to extend our already record tally of wooden spoons id make some drastic changes.

Luis Reece (C)

Harry Came

Ajay Khunti

Wayne Madsen

Brooke Guest

Yousaf Bin Naeem

Aneurin Donald

Zak Chappel

Harry Moore

Pat Brown 

Jack Morley

Agree other than I would play Wagstaff instead of Morley.

18 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Agree other than I would play Wagstaff instead of Morley.

Depends what the plan is, I think there’s a reasonable chance we sign Morley permanently while Wagstaff is out of contract at the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

From what I have seen I would keep Wagstaff and not sure Morley is any better than Thompson.

probably not a lot in it, Morley’s bowling average is considerably better than Thomson’s but it is a smaller sample size.

The big factor for me is Morley is 7 years younger and has more potential to get better. I do think he'd be a good signing, but I really want an overseas spinner who can bowl a team out like Chahal did as well.

I would keep Wagstaff for white ball cricket.

56 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Squad for Middlesex game starting tomorrow.

Hoping for a similar pitch and performance to the Glamorgan game. Also hoping Bin Naeem makes his debut.

IMG_6957.jpeg

Got a feeling he will be one of those to miss out, probably Wagstaff the other. I would drop Lloyd and Morley.

47 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Got a feeling he will be one of those to miss out, probably Wagstaff the other. I would drop Lloyd and Morley.

I don't see the use of 2 spinners at home where it doesn't really turn. I hope one of Bin Naeem or Wagstaff bats 7, otherwise its Chappell and that looks a bit high for him to me.

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

With Lloyd designated as captain I think we can assume he will play. If he doesn't score any runs in these last 4 innings his position has to be looked at going into next season.

I know he's skipper just saying i think his form and decisions are poor to date so doesn't deserve a place.

38 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Came has currently scored 6 from 46 deliveries.

When you don't score - you eventually get out. He'll be out before he gets to 20.

👀😂

To be fair, Came’s role seems to be to see off the new ball while Reece is the aggressor. I don't mind it, but once the new balls seen off you have to cash in.

Guest at 3 on the other hand….

Came out for 66.

Decent knock, the boundaries started to flow once he got going.

I reckon 350 is a decent score on this pitch. We've seen swing, seam, low bounce and extra bounce all on the first morning.

Madsen follows for just 20, 130-4. Down to the 2 out of form Welshmen and the bowlers 😬

Edited by jimbo jones