Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

11 hours ago, Magicman said:

Kim Barnett 

Most runs in a career for Derbyshire23,854 Kim Barnett

As discussed in the commentary yesterday, he lands in 25th place on the all time list for all format runs. 

Rubbing shoulders with the greats of the game, and above the likes of Brian Lara, Alistair Cook, Ricky Ponting and Rahul Dravid to name a few.

33 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Derbyshire tail doing us proud. Less than 30 behind, 8 wkts down.

Be nice to get another batting point and a small lead.

Excellent from Conners and Scrimshaw, and well marshaled by Thomson. Not often we get that from the tail 😄

407 all out, lead of 5

10 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Has Scrimshaw injured himself, as another bowler appears to have completed his NINE ball over?Screenshot_20230712_173902_Firefox.thumb.jpg.54b5a59445cc3087ab2c32008785507e.jpg

Nope, 3 no balls in an over for height, and taken out of the attack.

I only saw the 3rd one, which didn't look a no ball at all, and the fielders were convinced was edged behind. Safe to say du Plooy and co weren't happy

51 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Draw I would think…

Sussex would have to bat on and on and on for that, I'm not sure that does them any favours if they want promotion. They have a reputation for generous declarations, though we really should be able to bowl them out from here.

The extremely short boundary makes things interesting, attack it like Sussex did in their first innings and runs can come quickly....or we could collapse in a heap and lose 🤔 

13 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Sussex would have to bat on and on and on for that, I'm not sure that does them any favours if they want promotion. They have a reputation for generous declarations, though we really should be able to bowl them out from here.

The extremely short boundary makes things interesting, attack it like Sussex did in their first innings and runs can come quickly....or we could collapse in a heap and lose 🤔 

I will stick with the draw 😊

Zak Chappell has been picked up by the Oval Invincibles for the hundred. 

Good news for Zak, I suppose it's good news for our recruitment, showing you can come here get game time and earn yourself those sort of opportunities. 

The trio of fast bowlers that were so good in the T20 all going to be missing for the one day cup 😕

16 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Can't see a result here, unless we collapse? 😭

Assume this was before the 2 wickets? 😂

280-300 should be doable with that tiny boundary, of course lends itself to the collapse being more likely, but I don't see any point in not having a go. Not like we can get relegated.