Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Mark Watt took 1 wicket and scored 47 runs for Scotland in a win over Ireland in a ODI world cup qualifier today.

Scotland have 3 more games, so he will be away for the rest of the month.

Gives Thompson a chance 😁

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

4 required of the final over, wickets in hand, they’ll have to bring the field up….swing for the fences….

du Plooy takes note 🤣 gives a chance, but it’s dropped, then 5 wides to end the  game.

the skipper and Guest see it home for the second straight game, and we are still in the mix.

Taking my daughter to her first Derbyshire game when we play Leicestershire, so really hoping we’d still be playing for something.

10 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

du Plooy takes note 🤣 gives a chance, but it’s dropped, then 5 wides to end the  game.

the skipper and Guest see it home for the second straight game, and we are still in the mix.

Taking my daughter to her first Derbyshire game when we play Leicestershire, so really hoping we’d still be playing for something.

Does she prefer T20 to the longer form of the game 😁 That game reminded me  of the Durham game but with a happy ending 😃

11 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Another great win. Du Plooy in great form. Shout out to the Northants commentary team - I thought they were knowledgeable, fair and complimentary 👍

I was worried when they said Aaron Thomson at the start, but the guy corrected himself and they were very good for an in house commentary team. They tend to be awful.

13 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Does she prefer T20 to the longer form of the game 😁 That game reminded me  of the Durham game but with a happy ending 😃

She likes playing and I took her to the women’s international T20 and she enjoyed it and asked to go to a Derbyshire game. 

She loves a trip to pride park, but has no interest in watching if a games on tv, and just tells me to tel her the score 😂 same with the cricket, but she’s only 11, probably not ready for full day at a championship game yet 🤔

That Durham game is annoying, we’d be fourth if we never threw the win away 😟