Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

Worcestershire winning this at a canter. Disappointing performance with the ball, will be interesting to see if it's the same attack next week. Always like a proper spinner in the team myself.

Have we got a proper 4 day spinner?

7 minutes ago, sage said:

9 wickets at 35 a piece. Always thought he looked a one day player only.

Not sure what you saw to come to that conclusion to be honest. He's no Simon Harmer but he's more than capable. Bowled tightly on pitches that gave him nothing to work with, coming in for sporadic games. Bowled particularly well in the win over Middlesex.

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Not sure what you saw to come to that conclusion to be honest. He's no Simon Harmer but he's more than capable. Bowled tightly on pitches that gave him nothing to work with, coming in for sporadic games. Bowled particularly well in the win over Middlesex.

Just doesn’t get enough wickets 🤔

23 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Just doesn’t get enough wickets 🤔

Bowling averages last season.

Dal - 29.88

Aitchison - 29.95

Watt - 35.22

Potts - 35.66

Conners - 35.80

McKiernan - 36.50

Lakmal - 40.33

Reece - 50.30

Thomson - 50.40

Wasn't a good year to be a bowler last season, especially at the county ground 😂

He only played in 3 games, which alone makes it a bit harsh to be writing him off. He was better than Thomson and McKiernan. He was always economical, which alone could be useful as our seam attack has a tendency to go around the park.

Not sure when he has to leave for Scotland duties, but if he's here for the first block of games I would like to see him get a run of first class games, something he's never done. Get a proper look at what he can do. 

25 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

If I was MA, I'd have them practicing bowling from behind the line tomorrow! 😬

26 no balls must be getting on for some sort of record, (even for Derbyshire)?

I think it was 13 at 2 runs each

Very surprised that Reece didn't play - was he injured?

I was pleasantly surprised by Billy-ball, even if he hasn't rid himself of his determination to get teammates run out!

The downside of the rate we scored at was that it created more time for Worcestershire to play without jeopardy, though the bowling performance was more of an issue. But coming in to the first competitive game of the season with so little match practice probably didn't help.

I'm sure MA will have learnt allot from that though and I'm still confident we'll make further progress this season.

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

I was pleasantly surprised by Billy-ball, even if he hasn't rid himself of his determination to get teammates run out!

The downside of the rate we scored at was that it created more time for Worcestershire to play without jeopardy, though the bowling performance was more of an issue. But coming in to the first competitive game of the season with so little match practice probably didn't help.

I'm sure MA will have learnt allot from that though and I'm still confident we'll make further progress this season.

Reece was in the squad, so I assume not injured.

I don’t think we need all 4 of the seam bowlers to play, it’ll be interesting to see what the team looks like on Thursday. 

4 hours ago, Crewton said:

I have heard that Reece and Arthur don't get on

6 hours ago, sage said:

I have heard that Reece and Arthur don't get on

That's an interesting suggestion because I thought the club had gone the extra mile to persuade him to stay 

I trust Mickey's judgement of a player, but I hope this isn't right.

20 minutes ago, Crewton said:

That's an interesting suggestion because I thought the club had gone the extra mile to persuade him to stay 

I trust Mickey's judgement of a player, but I hope this isn't right.

I think that was pre Mickey Arthur