Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

6 minutes ago, rammieib said:

This is rather depressing.

Is Notts bowling too good, or are we poor at batting?

We scored 207 on Wednesday against a good bowling unit, so we can bat. The problem we do have, which I bang on about like a broken record, is the batting depth is too short. If we lose early wickets we almost have to play safe, and then we dig ourselves into a hole like this.

18 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

Just got back from the game, we bowled well but never thought we had a sniff of winning scorecards probably make the game look closer than it actually was. We need more depth in our batting

Think we have depth, but they were well under par on the day…

Squad for tomorrow, no Sam Conners who I also noticed hasn’t been playing in the seconds game, so wonder if there’s an injury.

Came
Haider Ali
Madsen
du Plooy
Lamb
Reece
Chappell
Thomson/Watt
Aitchison
Lakmal

That looks a decent side to me, and there’s usually something in it for the bowlers at Queen’s Park so we should get a result one way or the other.

For the spinner, I don’t know if there’s a huge difference which one you pick, though Watt bowled well as Chesterfield last year, but I might save him for T20’s while that competition is on.

2F8517E6-C75B-4F5F-B4BE-7603CF38A4ED.jpeg

14 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Squad for tomorrow, no Sam Conners who I also noticed hasn’t been playing in the seconds game, so wonder if there’s an injury.

Came
Haider Ali
Madsen
du Plooy
Lamb
Reece
Chappell
Thomson/Watt
Aitchison
Lakmal

That looks a decent side to me, and there’s usually something in it for the bowlers at Queen’s Park so we should get a result one way or the other.

For the spinner, I don’t know if there’s a huge difference which one you pick, though Watt bowled well as Chesterfield last year, but I might save him for T20’s while that competition is on.

2F8517E6-C75B-4F5F-B4BE-7603CF38A4ED.jpeg

Conners has a calf strain apparently. Chesterfield might be conducive to spin so might play both spinners according to Peakfan. Be good to have Lamb back playing with a view to a T20 chance maybe.

20 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Conners has a calf strain apparently. Chesterfield might be conducive to spin so might play both spinners according to Peakfan. Be good to have Lamb back playing with a view to a T20 chance maybe.

Now you say that, I think we did that last season…

back after checking 👀😂

yeah, Watt and Thomson both played, 4 wickets for Watt, 2 for Thomson, that’s a good shout. 

Team is in, which includes Sam Conners even though he wasn’t in the squad 🤷‍♂️ and both spinners.

No Zak Chappell for the first time this season, hopefully not an injury.

That looks a strong team to me, if the pitch does turn.

Edit: club website say Aitchison is playing, not Conners, which makes more sense.

CFDD944A-9EDC-4865-BB1D-F8D6598EC3F0.jpeg

Edited by jimbo jones