Jeff Stelling leaving Soccer Saturday

Day

52 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Even more if someone else pumps up the cash to bring him in and reunite him with Le Tissier, Nicholas and Thompson. Might take a few viewers and sponsors

Fox’s new channel with Piers Morgan on the week night prime time?

You never know.

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Even more if someone else pumps up the cash to bring him in and reunite him with Le Tissier, Nicholas and Thompson. Might take a few viewers and sponsors

Virgin Media Sport.

They have a Twitter account now, Virgin Bet also, this could be a breakthrough into their own football channel.

What a PR move that would be, bringing back the old Sky Sports crew together again.

On 02/11/2021 at 20:19, Mostyn6 said:

Stelling is staying at Sky till the end of the season, just about the time that Murdoch rolls out his new Talk TV channel with Piers Morgan.  My money is on the dumped Sky crowd going back to work for their old boss.

Can I just say about Stelling that he’s raised millions for Prostate Cancer UK with his charity walks, top bloke. ?

Soccer saturday is like a match day ritual for me when we play away. I always tune in and it is like sitting in the pub with your mates talking rubbish, at least it was like that with the old lineup. Even if they do talk rubbish it's just that and it's easy watching and light hearted. Just a group of mates sitting around a table talking about football.

The new lineup is just not the same at all. It is clear they are not mates and you can tell with the chemistry, i feel sorry for Jeff. Clinton morrison, lee hendrie, kris boyd? Just truly awful, none of them can even speak properly without stuttering and have no level of english to get their point across - something you would expect when your job is to talk.

I also agree that it is a great opportunity for somebody to reunite the old panel. I for one wont be watching sky when jeff leaves this season, Soccer Saturday is pretty much the only reason i have my subscription.

For me the sooner tv companies realise people want what is popular, and not token appointments - i think we will see it with the numbers and over time this terrible trend will go.

Edited by alram