World of crypto

NottsRam77

On 23/02/2024 at 23:40, NottsRam77 said:

I started it at 19k 🚀

I thinl etf investment is huge.. already btc left on exchanges are at a all time low.

etfs alone are buying up on a bad day double the amount of daily mined btc and on a good day 10 times.

that mined amount is going to get slashed in half in less than 60 days time

im not here to give anyone financial advice … but i know what im doing 

as u say buddy.. hodle to the moon 

Well done, you must have got in same time as me (Nov 2020?) - Ethers were $500 at the time too

I'm still sceptical we'll see the price acceleration of previous halvings because of the ETF - corporate America likes big profits but not the massive retracements we sometimes see with crypto. Steady price rises as inflation remains stubbornly high is my guess.

Am also keeping a close eye on El Salvador - they adopted BTC as legal tender end of 2021, have ridden out the crypto winter & look well placed with sizeable BTC reserves. Nayib Bukele seems to be aiming for a Latin American version of Singapore & investment is growing in that country (some similarities in attitude to crime/human rights too). I'd imagine there are a few inflation ridden/highly USD dependant countries in that region that are keeping tabs what happens. Could be another game changer in terms of adoption & ultimately BTC price.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

9 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Well done, you must have got in same time as me (Nov 2020?) - Ethers were $500 at the time too

I'm still sceptical we'll see the price acceleration of previous halvings because of the ETF - corporate America likes big profits but not the massive retracements we sometimes see with crypto. Steady price rises as inflation remains stubbornly high is my guess.

Am also keeping a close eye on El Salvador - they adopted BTC as legal tender end of 2021, have ridden out the crypto winter & look well placed with sizeable BTC reserves. Nayib Bukele seems to be aiming for a Latin American version of Singapore & investment is growing in that country (some similarities in attitude to crime/human rights too). I'd imagine there are a few inflation ridden/highly USD dependant countries in that region that are keeping tabs what happens. Could be another game changer in terms of adoption & ultimately BTC price.

Im in two minds on the etf thing… overall its a good thing for btc.

i mean its official now… its no longer that bitcoin thing. its accepted by the biggest asset firms on the planet as a store of value and theyre buying it up in its millions.

however i cant help but think theyll be some manipulation along the way. 

4 hours ago, cstand said:

KR1 share price increase compared to BTC from both their recent lows, KR1 is about 5% behind, when ETFs can start buying KR1 should be interesting. 
All in an ISA so no capital gains tax to worry about.

https://uk.advfn.com/stock-market/AQSE/kr1-KR1/share-price

Posted too soon, up another 5% in last 4 hrs so performance same as BTC. 
Don’t forget it trades at a discount of approximately 20% of its NAV. 
Only downside is if BTC drops significantly it will be difficult to sell KR1.

Up 17% today, as posted previously it’s always late rising compared to BTC. 

Edited by cstand

5 hours ago, cstand said:

Posted too soon, up another 5% in last 4 hrs so performance same as BTC. 
Don’t forget it trades at a discount of approximately 20% of its NAV. 
Only downside is if BTC drops significantly it will be difficult to sell KR1.

Up 17% today, as posted previously it’s always late rising compared to BTC. 

What is this KR1 ?

seen its an investment company .. is that right?

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

What is this KR1 ?

seen its an investment company .. is that right?

Yes it’s an investment company that invests in early stage crypto projects that deliver monthly income from the proof of stake awards.

The income generated is then reinvested in other early stage crypto projects.

They no longer hold any Bitcoin. 

The main downside is it’s small market cap and large spread to buy and sell and it’s on the Aquis Exchange so low volume.

https://kr1.io

Edited by cstand

9 minutes ago, cstand said:

Yes it’s an investment company that invests in early stage crypto projects that deliver monthly income from the proof of stake awards.

The income generated is then reinvested in other early stage crypto projects.

They no longer hold any Bitcoin. 

The main downside is it’s small market cap and large spread to buy and sell and it’s on the Aquis Exchange so low volume.

https://kr1.io

There was a time where i would be all over something like that.. but tbh if its not btc i feel theres needless risk involved now.. largely cos im a full btc maxi now lol

9 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

There was a time where i would be all over something like that.. but tbh if its not btc i feel theres needless risk involved now.. largely cos im a full btc maxi now lol

Don't blame you. Sounds like a total pyramid scam like all the stuff around shitcoins

Hands up who'd be surprised if they weren't reading a news story in 12 months about how it's gone bust and the owners are facing jail time? Meanwhile a load of boomers cry into their m&s meal deals

57 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Don't blame you. Sounds like a total pyramid scam like all the stuff around shitcoins

Hands up who'd be surprised if they weren't reading a news story in 12 months about how it's gone bust and the owners are facing jail time? Meanwhile a load of boomers cry into their m&s meal deals

What a ridiculous post based on wild assumptions and no research whatsoever.

If you had bothered to do any research on KR1 owners you would have discovered they are founders in the crypto space.
They will know more about crypto than Pomp, Mad Max Keiser and Michael Saylor put together.

They have no debt, no borrowings and a fantastic track record over the last 7 years.

Unlike Bitcoin they earn income from their investments every single year.

All wrapped up in an ISA no capital gains on profits. 

As of today 28/02/24

NAV 137

Share price 111 +6.5%

Income revenue per year 25 million 

Fund performance since launch + 20,346%

Edited by cstand

Posted (edited)
On 01/03/2024 at 16:57, Stive Pesley said:

Interesting article on the BBC about who holds all the BTC

Looks like the big banks and investment companies are now coming along to take control of the situation for us

With only 1% of the "ordinary" global population holding BTC, it's hard to see how it's ever going to become the miracle solution to FIAT money

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-68434579

Remember though i can tell u right now me or u will know mpre about btc than whoever wrote that article

70% of the btc hasnt moved from wallets in over a year… 

theyll have a job 

blackrock have spent an absolute fortune and still dont even own 1% of supply

Edited by NottsRam77

On 01/03/2024 at 16:57, Stive Pesley said:

Interesting article on the BBC about who holds all the BTC

Looks like the big banks and investment companies are now coming along to take control of the situation for us

With only 1% of the "ordinary" global population holding BTC, it's hard to see how it's ever going to become the miracle solution to FIAT money

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-68434579

I wouldn't see BTC as the solution in itself to fiat money insofar as people using it directly to make everyday purchases etc. It is primarily a store of value or digital gold and private investors are currently using it in the same way many use high value property or fine art to store their capital.

It could conceivably become a reserve currency in the future though, to which other currencies are pegged. There is significant global discomfort at the USD reserve currency status & the undue influence the Fed has over the global ecomomy. An independent alternative is what China, Russia, Gulf States & BRICs are pushing for and other than gold, there aren't any other obvious alternatives. Strong rumours abound that some sovereign states are starting to privately stack BTC reserves in preparation for a Bitcoin Gold Standard (El Salvador of course have been very public with this). Big banks & investment companies are posiitoning themselves for future developments also, they will have the inside track on where this is all heading.

18 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

I guess the real trouble comes when the big financial institutions start leveraging their BTC holdings to generate returns?

Yes, definitely some systemic risk there considering how volatile BTC can be, the fresh availability of ETFs & loose regulation. Although most consider leverage & crypto to be a pretty bad combination, 2004-08 proves that if big banks/institutions can see ever higher profits, they'll take crazy risks to do it. In the short term that could send BTC price rocketing but wouldn't rule out crashes (and financial market contagion) either if a couple of institutions over-reach.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

Some good discussion chaps, all very valid points 

The truth is there is a growing desire by many nations to move away from their reliance and peg to the dollar. 

Any south American country and the like and and and your people are basically being held over a barrel 

seemingly its happening already

see exhibit A 

41 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Some good discussion chaps, all very valid points 

The truth is there is a growing desire by many nations to move away from their reliance and peg to the dollar. 

Any south American country and the like and and and your people are basically being held over a barrel 

seemingly its happening already

see exhibit A 

Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa

How long before the US is involved in some sort of war with the other 4 😬

I see the Tupperware guy is still coming on here regularly with updates on the pyramid scheme, I mean Bitcoin. Are there Bitcoiners on loads of forums letting simple folk know what they are missing out on I wonder?

29 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa

How long before the US is involved in some sort of war with the other 4 😬

Theyre already in a currency war with them and have been for many years

not all wars are fought on the battlefield 

theyre are all without exception (usd included) losing value against bitcoin hence why countries like el Salvador are adding it to their balance sheets to protect their wealth  

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I see the Tupperware guy is still coming on here regularly with updates on the pyramid scheme, I mean Bitcoin. Are there Bitcoiners on loads of forums letting simple folk know what they are missing out on I wonder?

😂😂😂

best performing global asset on the planet 

but im the tupperware guy 😂😂

With the greatest of respect i strongly suggest u go and educate yourself, do some research before ur wealth / pension pot is eroded into thin air by inflation and infinite money printing and im saying that as a fellow ram 👍

Edited by NottsRam77