Stadia Vision

2 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Thinking outloud, Spurs have a slide out NFL pitch, couldn’t we install a slide out floor for the venue. 
I’m sure someone very clever will come along and put something in place. 

I'm not sure I want to take ideas from a club that has a VIP cheese room. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/05/2021 at 12:46, Will Hughes Hair said:

That’s one hell of a kite attached to the roof. 
As someone who has (but never used) a structural engineering degree I’m fascinated in the forces involved in realising this design. Not to mention what the hell they’re making the component parts from.

And before you automatically dismiss wind as force on buildings, Google ‘Tacoma Narrow’s’

I don’t have a degree but find it fascinating too. I supplied the nuts for the dampers they installed on the millennium bridge when they discovered crowds unintentionally marching in step made it wobble. So many things to consider. I am still amazed when thinking  about masts on sailing ships and the forces involved on a clipper ship and even modern day Americas cup boats

Big” engineering always leaves me with a sense of wonder

9 hours ago, jono said:

I don’t have a degree but find it fascinating too. I supplied the nuts for the dampers they installed on the millennium bridge when they discovered crowds unintentionally marching in step made it wobble. So many things to consider. I am still amazed when thinking  about masts on sailing ships and the forces involved on a clipper ship and even modern day Americas cup boats

Big” engineering always leaves me with a sense of wonder

Americas Cup is now almost surreal. The way that they rise out of the water and reach amazing speeds is so exciting. One mistake and they are back on the water. Great series this last one. Home advantage is so important though, Jono.

On 16/05/2021 at 19:15, TomBustler1884 said:

Done, done, onto the next one

Rumour has it, he was listening to that song when he had his genius idea to renovate Pride Park as a live venue with a roof and own the club too.

"Horton Hears The Foos"

Archived