Stadia Vision

Not sure if I'm really late to the party, but I dont remember ever seeing the roof in place on the stadium.

Https://stadia.vision

It looks like the roof itself is all set to go, I just wonder if the logistics of getting staging in and out whilst protecting the pitch was ever resolved?

The interesting bit though is that Mike Horton is the guy behind this company, the same Mike Horton linked with a local bid to buy Mel out.

If nothing else it's great to see how it could look, and to dream about watching the Foo Fighters play Pride Park Stadium.

9 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Not sure if I'm really late to the party, but I dont remember ever seeing the roof in place on the stadium.

Https://stadia.vision

It looks like the roof itself is all set to go, I just wonder if the logistics of getting staging in and out whilst protecting the pitch was ever resolved?

The interesting bit though is that Mike Horton is the guy behind this company, the same Mike Horton linked with a local bid to buy Mel out.

If nothing else it's great to see how it could look, and to dream about watching the Foo Fighters play Pride Park Stadium.

Have we got more than one stadium ?

That’s one hell of a kite attached to the roof. 
As someone who has (but never used) a structural engineering degree I’m fascinated in the forces involved in realising this design. Not to mention what the hell they’re making the component parts from.

And before you automatically dismiss wind as force on buildings, Google ‘Tacoma Narrow’s’

11 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

That’s one hell of a kite attached to the roof. 
As someone who has (but never used) a structural engineering degree I’m fascinated in the forces involved in realising this design. Not to mention what the hell they’re making the component parts from.

And before you automatically dismiss wind as force on buildings, Google ‘Tacoma Narrow’s’

I have a vague memory of carbon fibre being mentioned for the structure - I don't think the roof could take much more weight than that.

Are we sure that the pitch is being relayed? Maybe Mel's  sold it and it's being concreted over to allow for all those concerts.

Look at the evidence. Fancy promo vid for forthcoming Foo Fighters gig. No season tickets on sale. No new kit announced. 

Maybe we're back to a groundsheet at the Racecourse?

31 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Are we sure that the pitch is being relayed? Maybe Mel's  sold it and it's being concreted over to allow for all those concerts.

Look at the evidence. Fancy promo vid for forthcoming Foo Fighters gig. No season tickets on sale. No new kit announced. 

Maybe we're back to a groundsheet at the Racecourse?

Ah but it will be the fake foos, the tribute band.