Stadia Vision

It really is a great idea as nowhere else in the East Midlands has an arena that can pull huge capacities. I think the Arena in Nottingham has a capacity of 10,000 which is still relatively small, Birmingham arena has 15,000. I would assume this would be closer to 25,000 with available seats and standing option. It would be a big pull for the city, potentially could look at other sporting events - boxing, etc. 

I guess the question is now: Does Mel Morris even have the capital to achieve this now, especially with the threat of liquidation hanging over us. Covid really put a dent in this too. 

I guess we wait and see, but I do like the idea. Derby, as a City, does need some investment and attraction. 

7 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Not sure if I'm really late to the party, but I dont remember ever seeing the roof in place on the stadium.

Https://stadia.vision

It looks like the roof itself is all set to go, I just wonder if the logistics of getting staging in and out whilst protecting the pitch was ever resolved?

The interesting bit though is that Mike Horton is the guy behind this company, the same Mike Horton linked with a local bid to buy Mel out.

If nothing else it's great to see how it could look, and to dream about watching the Foo Fighters play Pride Park Stadium.

Would be interesting if Mike Horton is looking to take over as well given the choice of music there.

We've had a few failed takeovers, fans are wary of any new owners and will struggle to trust any potential owners...

...but what if he says he's not like the others?

7 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Would be interesting if Mike Horton is looking to take over as well given the choice of music there.

We've had a few failed takeovers, fans are wary of any new owners and will struggle to trust any potential owners...

...but what if he says he's not like the others?

Done, done, onto the next one

37 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Let it die... it’s not going to happen, even if all my life I’ve wanted it to. Mel’s M.I.A but these foo fighter puns do gimme stitches.

for the record id pay a lot of money to see foo fighters at pride park ?

Pride Park hasn't got the colour and the shape to be a major venue.

Looks lovely but you can put this on the shelf with "Pride Park Plaza".

A pipe dream unfortunately. I thought it was already covered at the time but there is little point investing that much money in a venue which can only realistically operate effectively 2-3 months of the year.

Pointless in my opinion. 

Edited by kingsy1884

20 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

That’s one hell of a kite attached to the roof. 
As someone who has (but never used) a structural engineering degree I’m fascinated in the forces involved in realising this design. Not to mention what the hell they’re making the component parts from.

And before you automatically dismiss wind as force on buildings, Google ‘Tacoma Narrow’s’

Not sure if you had much of a look around the site, but under "about" there's a section on Structural Engineering that doesn't go into loads of detail, but touches on the Carbon Fibre etc used.