My trip home tonight

Spanish

40 minutes ago, Spanish said:

This is what I had to drive around tonight.  2 smuggles died whilst evading police in la linea.  Sometimes it is like mogodishu

image.jpeg.0f61670bbf66836dd8d9251a6319505d.jpeg

Is that near the border with Gib mate? Is that the reason for drug smuggling?

10 hours ago, Spanish said:

This is what I had to drive around tonight.  2 smuggles died whilst evading police in la linea.  Sometimes it is like mogodishu

image.jpeg.0f61670bbf66836dd8d9251a6319505d.jpeg

Now, nobody's sayin the Chatsworth Estate is the Garden of Eden, but it's been a good home to us, to me - Frank GALLAGHER - and me kids, who im proud of! 'Cause every single one of them reminds me a little... of me.

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Is that near the border with Gib mate? Is that the reason for drug smuggling?

Yep.  The drug smuggling is to do with Morocco though, not directly Gib even though Madrid would say different.  The campo area around gib is quite poor and smuggling has been a way of life for decades.  Not an easy problem to solve

I stayed awhile in Algeciras in 1970.

I could see the Gib but could not go in directly.

I would have had to go via Teheran in North Africa.

I decided to go over to Ceuta (Spanish but the Northernmost point in Africa).

As soon as I went into Morroco I was approached by pushers so went straight back to Ceuta for a couple of days.

After this My rucksack was regularly checked by La douana for a few weeks!

Dodgy area even 50 years ago!

GIB is lovely. I started a truck groupage service from the UK to GIB a good few years ago. They liked to buy most things from the UK rather that Spain. 

The guy I worked with there said he would not live anywhere else. He had the sun most of the year and we would go out in his boat after work, drink and watch the dolphins.. In the winter, he would go on the slopes and ski, about 2 hours away.. Great seafood. What more could you ask for.

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

GIB is lovely. I started a truck groupage service from the UK to GIB a good few years ago. They liked to buy most things from the UK rather that Spain. 

The guy I worked with there said he would not live anywhere else. He had the sun most of the year and we would go out in his boat after work, drink and watch the dolphins.. In the winter, he would go on the slopes and ski, about 2 hours away.. Great seafood. What more could you ask for.

Mushy peas.