SBW Meets: Branko Strupar

Hey everyone

Our latest interview podcast is out now - an in-depth chat with formers Rams striker Branko Strupar.

The big Belgian talked to us about the game when Jim Smith decided to sign him (he missed a penalty and got sent off), settling in England, his uncanny ability for smashing in freekicks... and ofcourse the injuries which so badly damaged his Derby County career. 

He's refreshingly honest and candid about 'making mistakes' in rushing himself back, his deep sadness at not being able to play more games, and missing his young daughter's birthday for a crucial operation on his knee ligaments.

You can listen here - or the podcast is out in all the usual places:

Cheers,
Chris

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Steve Bloomer's Washing said:

Hey everyone

Our latest interview podcast is out now - an in-depth chat with formers Rams striker Branko Strupar.

The big Belgian talked to us about the game when Jim Smith decided to sign him (he missed a penalty and got sent off), settling in England, his uncanny ability for smashing in freekicks... and ofcourse the injuries which so badly damaged his Derby County career. 

He's refreshingly honest and candid about 'making mistakes' in rushing himself back, his deep sadness at not being able to play more games, and missing his young daughter's birthday for a crucial operation on his knee ligaments.

You can listen here - or the podcast is out in all the usual places:

Cheers,
Chris

Just had a listen to this today and it's another great interview! I've really enjoyed all your ex-player chats, Pesch was another really great one, so thanks for doing them. I always listen to the pod but sometimes have to leave it a week or so after the defeats before I'll listen haha.

Mart Poom would be an interesting interview if you could track him down?

?

19 hours ago, abertawe_ram said:

Just had a listen to this today and it's another great interview! I've really enjoyed all your ex-player chats, Pesch was another really great one, so thanks for doing them. I always listen to the pod but sometimes have to leave it a week or so after the defeats before I'll listen haha.

Mart Poom would be an interesting interview if you could track him down?

?

Thanks for this! And re: Poomy: we're working on it...

17 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

I listened today. Really top stuff. There seem to be plenty of pods doing ex player interviews at the moment. Most just real off the questions and pay little attention to the answers. Yours stand out for being a proper two way dialogue. Great work!

Appreciate that, thank you! With there being more competition in the Rams podcast space these days, we try hard to make ours different and stand out.

Archived