Mark Halstead

Alex Baptiste

Jason Euell

Matthew Gilks

Rob Edwards

Louis Almond

Charlie Adam

Stephen Husband

Let's be honest, they are screwed. You have to feel for the fans, they must be fearing the worst for the season ahead. The only positive they can take is they will be financially secure for years to come, but you would like to see a little ambition shown in the transfer window surely?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do I think they will break our record of 11 points? sadly I think they will just, maybe 15ish. Although I think they could end up with a worse GD than us, when they play the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea etc. you can only see 5, 6 or even 7 nil defeats. I can see them beating a couple of teams like Blackburn, Bolton and Wigan.

To make 0 signings tho when your lucky to be even in the Premiership is just crazy, is the chairman not giving Holloway the funds or can they simply not attract the players?

Do I think they will break our record of 11 points? sadly I think they will just, maybe 15ish. Although I think they could end up with a worse GD than us, when they play the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea etc. you can only see 5, 6 or even 7 nil defeats. I can see them beating a couple of teams like Blackburn, Bolton and Wigan.

To make 0 signings tho when your lucky to be even in the Premiership is just crazy, is the chairman not giving Holloway the funds or can they simply not attract the players?

you can get odds on a ten goal win this season;)

Do you think they will break our record of 11 points?

No. I think Holloway and the fans know they're going to finish 20th. But Holloway will keep a good attitude amongst the team and they will be able to keep their heads held high. This will inspire a handful of wins and draws.

Us, on the other hand, actually expected the team to stay up and the turn of events had a horrible effect on the confidence of our players. They had no inspiration and the fans pretty much gave up the idea of winning another match towards the end of the season.

Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston has revealed to BBC North West Tonight he would consider leaving the role if it benefited the club.

Oyston has offered to step aside to let someone else deal with the club's attempts to bring in new signings.

He said: "I've spoken to the board and said 'if you think I've got the wrong approach, then maybe it's time for someone to come in and do my job'.

"But they've not taken me up on my offer just yet."

Blackpool have so far failed to add to their squad following May's Championship play-off final success over Cardiff at Wembley, despite being linked with numerous signings, including Swansea defender Angel Rangel and striker Rob Hulse from Derby.

The Seasiders received a £90m boost following their first return to the top-flight since 1971.

However, Oyston is renowned for his tough stance on transfer dealings and is adamant the club will not be held to ransom for over-inflated transfer fees and wages.

"Because of the perception that we've got so much money, it's difficult to manage people's expectations," he said.

"It was probably more difficult in the Championship when the wage demands were such that it was hand-to-mouth.

"When people look at salaries all they do is look at the mad world of the Premier League and think we'll enter that arms race and just give players what they like.

"The big issue is that they've got to accept us for what we are and the way we do things.

"I don't blame anyone for asking for high salaries but I think people have also got to be realistic.

"It's been an eye-opener for us when we're told by agents that their client wants to play in the Premier League, then they'll go off and sign for a Championship club, but on more money.

"Sometimes, I think ambition goes out of the window in favour of personal financial gain or length of deal.

"I don't blame them for that but I don't think they should be quite so glib when they trot the line out that they're ambitious because it's not always about that."

Blackpool kick off the new Premier League season at Wigan's DW Stadium on Saturday 14 August.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackpool/8894028.stm

saturday sept 19th notts forest 0 blackpool 1

sat 17th april blackpool 3 notts forest 1

may 8th blackpool 2 notts forest 1

tues 11th may notts forest 3 blackpool 4

that must be DOUBLE back to back victories

one for the record books

mwahahahahaha ha ha ha and a feckin ha ha ha

Archived