A Derby team of ex Managers

oldtimeram

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

I would take Rowett out that team play Cocu and that team at there peak would give Manchester City a good run for the Premier League Title. 

Probably. I forgot cocu. 
He’d better pass forward though. 

p.s. it was Brian clough up front. Not Nigel.

Got to be Clough and Rooney up front but we could do with some cover but boy they would be dangerous .. take some beating on goals per game 

what a midfield and defence, Cocu and Lampard, Todd McKay..  . Legends for clubs and countries 

fun thread ??

Taylor (P)

Burley     Todd      Mcfarland       Powell

Mackay

Lampard        Cocu

Clough (N)

Rooney      Clough (B)

If everyone stays fit, I think we win the Premier League, Champions League and World Club Championship. For those of you who haven't seen Cocu play, he's one of my all-time favourite midfielders. 

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Taylor (P)

Mackay

Lampard        Cocu

Clough (N)

Rooney      Clough (B)

If everyone stays fit, I think we win the Premier League, Champions League and World Club Championship. For those of you who haven't seen Cocu play, he's one of my all-time favourite midfielders. 

Cocu was a sensational player and whilst I'm sure the old boys love Gregory I'm not entirely sure how he could ever be picked over Cocu

That's a pretty good team by my book - Although my intense dislike of Rowett's tenure as manager is starting to fade and my great love for him as a player is starting to seep back in

20 hours ago, Normanton Lad said:

I never saw Docherty play but he got more Scotland caps than Dave Mackay and we know how good Mackay was.

And a successfull ish period at Preston - promoted to top flight and runners up in the league twice - in the team with Tom Finney I believe, I cannot remember him as a player but I remember being 7/8 years old and hating him for what he was doing to MY club and my Dad (who was generally a similar judge of a player to me ) used to say "he was hell of a player"

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Taylor (P)

Mackay

Lampard        Cocu

Clough (N)

Rooney      Clough (B)

We could possibly consider Jack Barker as one of the full backs?  He was an England International, so must have been a decent player.

Archived