Who is the most expensive player we’ve bought...

Stripperg-ram

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Giorgi Kinkladze isnt a bad shout.

He was bought for 3 to 4 million, which at the time was one of our most expensive signings.

He was a cracking player for us.

Thought he was mostly crap for us, it was a travesty when he won player of the season. 

27 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Vydra and Ince are the obvious ones. You could argue Jason Shackell the second time (although I was always puzzled why we decided there was no one else and it had to be him)

So many of our good signings are the VFM ones, Martin (free), Bryson (£400k) Ward (wasn't a lot), Russell (£750k) were all NIgel Clough getting it right. Dawkins (£300k? wasn't expensive) and so on.

We pay less than a million quid for a player and usually they turn out OK for what we paid and somethimes are so much more.

We start paying multimillions of pounds and a lot of the time they're nick blackman.

Yeah a lot of our best players from the last ten years were gems Clough found.. add Hendricks abs Hughes to that list... 

John Brayford was class, Paul Coutts although not sure how much money we made on them, if any 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Tom Ince has been the best value for money. Not cheap at 4.75m, but the best winger we’ve had in my lifetime. Loads of goals, fair few assists, worked hard and contributed significantly in some good teams. Sold for almost treble his initial fee. One of the few good bits of business we’ve done in recent years.

Didn't smile though did he? ??

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Giorgi Kinkladze isnt a bad shout.

He was bought for 3 to 4 million, which at the time was one of our most expensive signings.

He was a cracking player for us.

Hugely disappointing. I was really excited by the signing. There were some glimpses of his talent, but we got half the player he was at Man City.

Archived