POLL: Mel selling Derby County FC

Mostyn6

POLL: Would you rather Mel Morris sold the club? or remained as owner?  

323 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, LondonRam2 said:

I'm confused.

If Mel's argument for selling is that it will bring investment, but if the only thing that has prevented him from investing more is FFP, won't that also apply to the new owners, in which case why bother selling if the restrictions will be the same?

No doesnt seem to work like that. Remember Forest losing Millions each month under Fawaz and struggling with FFP to going to posting a 30 million profit after the sale to the fat greek fells and spending a fortune on players?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

No doesnt seem to work like that. Remember Forest losing Millions each month under Fawaz and struggling with FFP to going to posting a 30 million profit after the sale to the fat greek fells and spending a fortune on 

Takeovers don't reset FFP/P&S. Sometimes new owners find new loopholes. In Forest's case I think their embargo and Fawaz not spending for about a year, combined with player sales to make them suddenly appear more profitable. 

Sith Happens
47 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Takeovers don't reset FFP/P&S. Sometimes new owners find new loopholes. In Forest's case I think their embargo and Fawaz not spending for about a year, combined with player sales to make them suddenly appear more profitable. 

Yeah thats all i mean, clearly there is a way around it with a sale. Under Fawaz they were reporting 2 million or so month loss even towards the end so clearly some clever accounting went on. Wasnt he claiming he was still owed something like 60 million because of the debts wracked up sometime after the sale had gone through.

If we are comparing Mel to Fawaz , let’s compare him to Delia Smith. She is only worth £30 million , but has turned down good offers for Norwich. She has no problem getting them promoted and has a good academy. She sticks with her managers and doesn’t risk the future of the club with over spending. If Mel keeps Derby perhaps get her advice on running a club.

3 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

Yeah thats all i mean, clearly there is a way around it with a sale. Under Fawaz they were reporting 2 million or so month loss even towards the end so clearly some clever accounting went on. Wasnt he claiming he was still owed something like 60 million because of the debts wracked up sometime after the sale had gone through.

Forest wiped the debt off when he sold up, resulting in a paper profit in the accounts.

P&S doesn't take this into account, so they still posted a loss for P&S purposes during that period.

Archived