The walking wounded

NottsRam77

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Sorry if this has already been posted 

do we have any idea as to where we’re at with the walking wounded 

any idea of return dates or if they’re back in training ?

the likes of Waggy, Lawrence and bielik would all add something 

I'm still counting Rooney and Holmes in that bracket too ?

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Sorry if this has already been posted 

do we have any idea as to where we’re at with the walking wounded 

any idea of return dates or if they’re back in training ?

the likes of Waggy, Lawrence and bielik would all add something 

Waggy apparently started as a minor injury but each time he gets close to fitness it goes again. To my unqualified mind, that sounds like he's going to need an op. Doubt we'll see him before Christmas.

Lawrence had an op and is now running, but hasn't taken part in any contact training. Assuming it doesn't go again, I would guess a couple of weeks and then a couple of U23 games.

As with all other ACL injured players, I doubt that Bielik will be back to full speed this season. He'll probably start with some steady U23 apps over Christmas, but it seems to take several months of matches to get 'mentally' fit from these things. 

3 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Waggy apparently started as a minor injury but each time he gets close to fitness it goes again. To my unqualified mind, that sounds like he's going to need an op. Doubt we'll see him before Christmas.

Lawrence had an op and is now running, but hasn't taken part in any contact training. Assuming it doesn't go again, I would guess a couple of weeks and then a couple of U23 games.

As with all other ACL injured players, I doubt that Bielik will be back to full speed this season. He'll probably start with some steady U23 apps over Christmas, but it seems to take several months of matches to get 'mentally' fit from these things. 

That’s a real concern re Waggy 

out of all the ones out he’s the big one imo 

he gives us that option through the middle .. yes he’s not the perfect fit but he’s huge for us 

re bielik I thought ... and Iv no idea why that Cos he’s back in training I’m sure I read end of October .... bugger lol

13 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I'd like to think Bielik will be back in the first team discussion next month tbh

It doesn't matter who's injured the way Derby are trying to play, we called it possession football when we were kids and we did it when we went ahead, not level, away of taking the pea out of the opposition because you did nothing with the ball and it was as boring as watching paint dry to watch which just about sums up Derby's displays so far. We have the best overall squad of players in the division and none of them seem to be allowed to express themselves, Holmes needs to be running at defenders, Lawrence and Marriott picking up the loose balls in the melee, getting players in the box and not be frightened of taking chances by crossing the ball,pack the players in there because atm its all one way traffic at Derby's end. Even with 65% possession and sod all chances or opportunities.

Angry RAM fan

8 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

I'd like to think Bielik will be back in the first team discussion next month tbh

Yes, he's been training with the squad for a while now and looks happy. 

I would think he would be back in a few weeks, though eased gradually into the side. 

Might be a reluctance to play him for the U23s! 

19 minutes ago, stormprint said:

It doesn't matter who's injured

I'm going to say it does

Because if all your best attackers are injured it makes it more difficult to break down defences...

20 minutes ago, stormprint said:

We have the best overall squad of players in the division 

Debatable

Also - Going back to it not mattering who's injured - Having the best squad of players is only useful if they're available to play

27 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Yes, he's been training with the squad for a while now and looks happy. 

I would think he would be back in a few weeks, though eased gradually into the side. 

Might be a reluctance to play him for the U23s! 

Im sure his agent wouldnt be too pleased with him playing in the U23's !

Archived