Night clubs, entertainment etc.

mozza

Has anyone mentioned the Dial in Derby......I think it is where the willows football/cricket is now..? its ages since i went there it might have gone now too) - we went to see some great bands there back in the day - Soup Dragons, Deacon Blue, Neds, Snuff and the legendary Moving jelly Brothers on numerous occasions....

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/06/2020 at 12:35, Zag zig said:

Even wackier were night clubs on ships, remember going the Tuxedo Princess on the Tyne after Sunderland v Derby, bad enough having too much booze, then you have to contend with revolving dance floors ?

Always managed to get a trip to the "floating welfare" once a season..!!

Sith Happens
23 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

We must have been in all those places at the same time.... I was never a big Tonkers fan though to be honest.

Denby lodge on a monday night was always brilliant....

Thursday night down Oakerthorpe....a couple of beers at the anchor then up to the peacock finishing the night off with a ride into Ripley and a kebab from Gills..... Friday morning at work was always slow going and included lots of trips to the bathroom.....then Friday night straight back on it - Eagle Tavern at Heage then then the bus up to Ripley and around it all went again.....

I was the same as you with tonkers, probably an hour in there before the regal.

we used to always meet at the old sandpiper for pound a pint before going round the pubs.

both Friday and Saturday used to be heaving in Ripley, loved it.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Has anyone mentioned the Dial in Derby......I think it is where the willows football/cricket is now..? its ages since i went there it might have gone now too) - we went to see some great bands there back in the day - Soup Dragons, Deacon Blue, Neds, Snuff and the legendary Moving jelly Brothers on numerous occasions....

It was across the road from Willows (and the ambulance shed), it did get knocked down and a part of either Derby College or Uni built there, think it’s an art building/complex. 

Archived