Night clubs, entertainment etc.

mozza

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
28 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Am I the only one remembering Trendys disco on Belper market place?

I'll take that as a yes then.......?

I remember the George having a disco. Was Trendys downstairs at the black swan?

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You've got the Lennon crossover signature on that one 67-68  .  He started amending his style at that time. Hard to authenticate for auctioneers but I assume you got it yourself. It's a nice set and very collectable as you don't get many complete sets after 65. I hope thats uv resistant glass and the paper isn't pushed on it . 

This came with it.

I have always assumed that it is fake tather than fortune but it's nice to have all the same.

And, as I got it as a lifelong fan with no intention of parting with it, where's the difference?

I didn't buy the Imperial either!

AD0D3F83-D0A8-479E-9640-22A4240A04C4.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

That's where I grew up mate.

A trip to Derby was a rarity. A trip to Nottingham was an Odyssey. You left Belper a youth and came back an old man......

Seriously,  at that time the pubs in Nottingham all closed at 10.30.....

You seem to have picked up a Southern (Hampshire?) accent quite strongly. Probably for the best, otherwise you'd sound like @Boycie.

29 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

You seem to have picked up a Southern (Hampshire?) accent quite strongly. Probably for the best, otherwise you'd sound like @Boycie.

Tbf I've lived down here since 1990 and not lived in belper since 1984. It's been a while....but I'm no carrot cruncher. 

If I was I'd be living near Sathaaaaammmmton and saying things like "dont tell I, tell ee" ?

Eclipse, Ritzy, Paradise, Kristy’s, Union 1, Pink Coconut, Branagans, Molly Mogues, Zanzibar, Rock City, Jimmy Deans, Ocean, one on the outskirts of notts I cant remember ......my god dreadful places, but such fun?

50 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Eclipse, Ritzy, Paradise, Kristy’s, Union 1, Pink Coconut, Branagans, Molly Mogues, Zanzibar, Rock City, Jimmy Deans, Ocean, one on the outskirts of notts I cant remember ......my god dreadful places, but such fun?

Black Orchid I'm guessing, behind the cinema.

After that, is was known as Isis, which failed to recruit enough interest, probably.

14 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Black Orchid I'm guessing, behind the cinema.

After that, is was known as Isis, which failed to recruit enough interest, probably.

Haha yes that was it !!!

7 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

This came with it.

I have always assumed that it is fake tather than fortune but it's nice to have all the same.

And, as I got it as a lifelong fan with no intention of parting with it, where's the difference?

I didn't buy the Imperial either!

AD0D3F83-D0A8-479E-9640-22A4240A04C4.jpeg

Fair do's, but i have seen exact print of this for sale from the original a few times  If you have the original, who ever you pass it on to is sitting on 3k.

3 hours ago, Zag zig said:

?ditto, ever go to Mr Kiesa’s in Leicester, that way on, had the birds by the bucket full. 

Never really hit Leicester mate. We had a nice circle of venues that we settled at, felt comfortable in, and stuck with. The 'Travellers Rest' at Griffy Dam was another fun destination.

Archived