Home Advantage

Day

23 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Regarding our crowd we have the numbers, but a lot of the time lack the noise, players respond to positive support.

Unfortunately we sometimes invite the away fans back into the game and the away teams fans respond and their team respond accordingly and then the negativity, the moans and groans take over and all our initial positivity is lost as are the levels of performance given by our players who are only human like ourselves. 

Unfortunately far too many of our crowd believe that as the players are being paid massive wages then whatever positive or negative noises they choose to make has no impact on our players performance.

Sometimes you need the players to be part of the gladiatorial atmosphere.

I was watching the Southampton 2nd leg earlier on Rams TV, on 15 minute in, there is a challenge from Seth lad to put the ball into touch near the half way line. He could have toe poked the ball out , there was no danger as such, but he went through it like a stampede of buffalo....the Saints lad nearly shat himself and the roar went up from the crowd and we all knew the lads were on it that night. 

Darren Moore, Seth Johnson, Jay McElevey, Steve Howard gave no quarter from the kick off and the fans could see it and responded accordingly.

A bit of passion on the pitch will be rewarded tenfold by a Derby crowd. ?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Sometimes you need the players to be part of the gladiatorial atmosphere.

I was watching the Southampton 2nd leg earlier on Rams TV, on 15 minute in, there is a challenge from Seth lad to put the ball into touch near the half way line. He could have toe poked the ball out , there was no danger as such, but he went through it like a stampede of buffalo....the Saints lad nearly shat himself and the roar went up from the crowd and we all knew the lads were on it that night. 

Darren Moore, Seth Johnson, Jay McElevey, Steve Howard gave no quarter from the kick off and the fans could see it and responded accordingly.

A bit of passion on the pitch will be rewarded tenfold by a Derby crowd. ?

The atmosphere helped us so much that we lost the game?

On 27 May 2020 at 00:45, Andicis said:

Don't agree at all. Having been to quite a lot of away games, our home support is hugely better than a lot of other clubs. Pride Park has one of the best atmospheres in the league, and it translates to the fact that we have one of the best home records in the league too. No idea why Derby fans like knocking ourselves, we're not perfect but we're better than most. Most of the ''famous'' atmospheres in England are a complete myth anyway. Looking at you Elland Road.

I'm not knocking us. I was just posting what I've witnessed us do on the many occasions I've attended home games over the years or what I've heard coming through the media channels when watching us, but that is only based on limited games so a regular fan is likely to have a better overall reflection on our home atmosphere performances are and I agree with you we are not perfect but we're better than most. I personally prefer watching us away live as when we are good at it, we are usually very good at it.

The latest FA Cup game at home, or how it appeared and sounded through the media channels was how the Man United fans took control, and then how the Man United players took control on the pitch.

21 hours ago, Andicis said:

Leeds atmosphere is a myth. It's only good because they're doing well, a couple of years ago they were averaging 21,000 and not making any noise at all. All hype, nothing to it.

They’ve definitely benefited from bandwagon jumpers in recent years, and they’re not signing all the time (at home), but when Elland Road is rocking it’s far better than average. It was annoyingly impressive when they beat us at their place under Monk.

9 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It's still an extremely small sample size, coupled with the fact that it's all very new to the players. I'd be hesitant to make a judgement just yet, although I suppose there's no harm in making a prediction.

Just agree with me, saves time as you’ll get there in the end.

8 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

They’ve definitely benefited from bandwagon jumpers in recent years, and they’re not signing all the time (at home), but when Elland Road is rocking it’s far better than average. It was annoyingly impressive when they beat us at their place under Monk.

You're not signing any more...

giphy.gif

Archived