Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

So the Leader of the Labour party has finally come forward with his plan. A lockdown. Guys a joke. 

Not sure if you are aware but Sage recommended short, strict lockdown in September so we could try and stop cases accelerating. That was ignored and we are now having the highest number of deaths since June.

As @Albert has pointed out, you save the economy by erridicating the virus. Our leaders have managed to allow the virus to flare up again, which will mean the economy has to now suffer even more.

17 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

With pubs in tier 3 lockdown areas being allowed to remain open, if they operate as a restaurant that serve substantial meals. Just wondering what people would class as a substantial meal and goes the time of day you eat it, alter that perception? 

A solicitor was on the radio earlier saying they have had loads of pubs and bars trying to change the classification of their business in order to get around the regulations. It’s not quite as easy as just serving food. 

23 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

With pubs in tier 3 lockdown areas being allowed to remain open, if they operate as a restaurant that serve substantial meals. Just wondering what people would class as a substantial meal and goes the time of day you eat it, alter that perception? 

A bag of pork scratchings will do me.

5 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Not sure if you are aware but Sage recommended short, strict lockdown in September so we could try and stop cases accelerating. That was ignored and we are now having the highest number of deaths since June.

As @Albert has pointed out, you save the economy by erridicating the virus. Our leaders have managed to allow the virus to flare up again, which will mean the economy has to now suffer even more.

We quite clearly arent going to eradicate the virus without a complete lockdown for a long period of time and closing the borders.

Why will the economy suffer more now than if we had locked down last month or August?

Personally I think staying open during August and September was a must for our economy, especially the tourism and hospitality trades which were hit most during the original lockdown.

7 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

You can't eradicate the virus. Yes I'm aware. This virus is no longer an issue and the data reflects that. 

7 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

What will happen after the 2-3 week lock down will we be free of the virus? No we won’t we will be back to square one in another 6 weeks or so.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

We quite clearly arent going to eradicate the virus without a complete lockdown for a long period of time and closing the borders.

Why will the economy suffer more now than if we had locked down last month or August?

Personally I think staying open during August and September was a must for our economy, especially the tourism and hospitality trades which were hit most during the original lockdown.

What was a must was an effective track and trace system in conjunction with fast testing capability. The leaders told us in May time that these things were essential to open up safely. The app they finally releases is so basic, how could it possibly have taken so long?

They were unable to provide either of these things, but they opened up anyway. Opening up the economy too quickly means it's now going to suffer more long term problems.

Total incompetence from people with zero credentials to lead the country.

11 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

A solicitor was on the radio earlier saying they have had loads of pubs and bars trying to change the classification of their business in order to get around the regulations. It’s not quite as easy as just serving food. 

interesting one I guess there's lots of hurdles with equipment investment and Environment health regulations

Just now, ariotofmyown said:

What was a must was an effective track and trace system in conjunction with fast testing capability. The leaders told us in May time that these things were essential to open up safely. The app they finally releases is so basic, how could it possibly have taken so long?

They were unable to provide either of these things, but they opened up anyway. Opening up the economy too quickly means it's now going to suffer more long term problems.

SAGE is incomptent. So too is the Labour party and the NHS. Rearranging the deck chairs on The Titanic. That's all you allude to. 

8 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

You can't eradicate the virus. Yes I'm aware. This virus is no longer an issue and the data reflects that. 

Is that last sentence supposed to be a joke? Can anyone be so blinkered? Do you not believe the highest death toll since June, or do you think it's fine?

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Is that last sentence supposed to be a joke? Can anyone be so blinkered? Do you not believe the highest death toll since June, or do you think it's fine?

The prevalence of the virus is high. Yet it is now only cited as a cause of death for 1.5% of deaths. Millions of missed cancer appointments. The death toll from the hysteria will lead to more deaths than Covid itself. 

Here's a novelty idea for anyone 65 and under. Lose some fat, get some exercise, cut down on alcohol and get some sunlight. People need to be more accountable. 

5 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

They started opening up the economy is July, we are now in October, I dont think its opening up too quickly that has been the problem, it's more that the general public got complacent.

The only credentials they have are that people saw them as being more competent than the alternative, although to be fair we probably could have done with Dianne Abbot in charge of monitoring the figures, we would be currently at 700m cases and would definitely have achieved herd immunity.

Just now, Uptherams said:

The prevalence of the virus is high. Yet it is now only cited as a cause of death for 1.5% of deaths. Millions of missed cancer appointments. The death toll from the hysteria will lead to more deaths than Covid itself. 

Here's a novelty idea for anyone 65 and under. Lose some fat, get some exercise, cut down on alcohol and get some sunlight. People need to be more accountable. 

And what advice do you have for the nurses and doctors who will end up catching Covid in this 2nd wave?

Or someone under 65 with Asthma, or a different health condition which is no fault of there own?

I love how you so easily write off anyone who doesn't fit your ideal. Some of the more vicious opinions you have posted in the past make more sense now.

Just now, ariotofmyown said:

And what advice do you have for the nurses and doctors who will end up catching Covid in this 2nd wave?

Or someone under 65 with Asthma, or a different health condition which is no fault of there own?

I love how you so easily write off anyone who doesn't fit your ideal. Some of the more vicious opinions you have posted in the past make more sense now.

What advice do you have for people who lose their jobs and cant afford to pay their bills?

What advice for the business owners who will see their lifes work going down the drain along with their house?

What advice for the people who have their hospital appointment cancelled as the hospitals once again turn away pretty much anything not Covid related?

What advice for the people locked in their homes wondering what they have to live for anymore?

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I agree that test and trace isn’t yet up to spec and we really need them to sort it ASAP. 

We also desperately need people to quarantine when told to do so. 

Today at my kids school, despite recent events, the amount of parents refusing to social distance or wear a mask was quite disturbing. I realise a number of you will say well at my kids school the parents  behaviour is excellent, great I’m glad, but what i witnessed today was really disappointing. 

The data the app provides is invaluable. The problem with the app is that so many refuse to download and use it. I mean how many on here currently have it? 

I may be wrong but it seemed that the majority of people on this forum dismissed it before it was even given a chance. 

It’s easy for us to blame it on the government. Why didn’t Keir declare that we should go into full lockdown before Boris announced the new restrictions? Why when that graph was released did so many kick off at the government for scare tactics, and yet now they appear to be saying the government aren’t being hard/ scary enough.

The country seems to of gone bonkers and forgotten common sense.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

They started opening up the economy is July, we are now in October, I dont think its opening up too quickly that has been the problem, it's more that the general public got complacent.

The only credentials they have are that people saw them as being more competent than the alternative, although to be fair we probably could have done with Dianne Abbot in charge of monitoring the figures, we would be currently at 700m cases and would definitely have achieved herd immunity.

Mixture of complacency with poor rules and guidance. But the tools to combat Covid that they promised us arrived way too late.

Missed the daily Abbot bashing. Imagine the stick she would have got if she had bragged about shaking hands with infected people. Possibly stupider than muddling up some numbers.

Archived